• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig cage diy or something else?

Iggleandpiggle959

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi, you may have seen me posting on the forum a little bit lately but I have been trying to find the right cage for my two boars. I was wondering if anyone had any ideas that could help me, maybe by explaining what you have done for your pigs? The space I have is probably around 1 metre by 1.8-1.9 metres. This space is under a cabin bed so have to stick really to those dimensions. We wanted to try and have space to put things underneath by putting the cage off the ground. We were wondering if a DIY cage would be best so we could have a good amount of space but we’re not sure if a c and c would be better. If anyone has any suggestions they would be very much appreciated. If you would like a picture of the space I am planning to use I can send it through but it currently has furniture in which will be moved for a cage. If any suggestions are dependent on country like were things are bought I am from the uk : ) thank you

You could do a diy cage or overlap grids so they fit in the space you have. It’s up to you and how quick you want it done etc.

hi thank you so much for your advice your cage looks amazing! Will definitely look more into a c&c cage now : )

A 5x2 C&c which is the recommended size for two boars, would fit perfectly in the same you have. A 5x2 using the connectors measures 180cm x 77cm.
you can either put it on a table if you can find one to fit/custom make it, or you can use extra grids to make a stand.

A 5x2 C&c which is the recommended size for two boars, would fit perfectly in the same you have. A 5x2 using the connectors measures 180cm x 77cm.
you can either put it on a table if you can find one to fit/custom make it, or you can use extra grids to make a stand.
Thank you I think I will try this : )

I have a c&c cage for my boys (3x4) and I built a table out of plywood and screw in table legs. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe IKEA tables are a good width for 2 grids wide cages. Or you could make a stand out of grids. Guinea Piggles YouTube channel has lots of helpful videos on making c&c cages, lids and stands 🙂

I have a c&c cage for my boys (3x4) and I built a table out of plywood and screw in table legs. Correct me if I'm wrong but I believe IKEA tables are a good width for 2 grids wide cages. Or you could make a stand out of grids. Guinea Piggles YouTube channel has lots of helpful videos on making c&c cages, lids and stands 🙂
Thank you I will definitely look into that. I was just wondering if you knew where you got your chloroplast sheet from for the base? Thank you : )

Wickes also sell chloroplast too. It’s not as thick as others but you could always double it up and it’s not very expensive at all. Think it was less than a 5er for a huge piece!

Thank you to everyone on this thread. My dad in the end made the wardrobe into a flat cage on its back: )

Attachments

• DA9B11F8-2932-4DB3-BFA5-E36C01B939AB.jpeg
    DA9B11F8-2932-4DB3-BFA5-E36C01B939AB.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 23
Back