• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea Pig Therapy

Jennybug89

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been a piggy mammy for less than two months. But already I can understand why people love them so. I had a death in my family two days ago. My great aunt passed away after quite a tough weeks weeks. She was like a nanny to me as all my grandparents are unfortunately long gone. The last few days have been rough, but I've found such comfort with my piggies. Rosie, who's coming up to four months old. I sit just watching her run about her cage, eating anything she can get her paws on, and occasionally wheeking when she's found something that makes her happy. And Rachel, who only came to us 3 days ago, and is about seven weeks old. Although she hides out most if the time, she seems to really enjoy being held, making the most glorious sound when I gently rub her sides. They've kept me calm and focused which I really needed. So yeah. Not much of a point to this post, just that I really love my piggies

Your piggies are adorable and I understand what you mean. My pigs, both past a present, have helped me through so much. Just those little faces wanting my attention makes so much difference. My one girl (also called Rosie! :) ) climbs up at the side of the cage to come out for a cuddle. They're such small creatures but that have to much personality and love to give :D

So sorry for your losses. I'm glad your Guinea pigs are helping you cope. They are adorable.

Thank you both. It really is amazing how something so small cam have such an impact!

Over the years my pigs have helped me through a lot.

When I'm having a bad day I like to just sit and watch them, it's very soothing. Sometimes one of them will let me snuggle them if I really need a hug.

I know exactly what you mean. My piggies have seen me through some tough times, mine aren't keen on cuddles but just watching them makes me feel better.

I'm so sorry your having such a hard time and for your losses. Piggies do make the world such a better place. *hugs*

I can't believe I went this long without having them in my life. Thank you for all your lovely words. Only others who have them can appreciate them truly x

They're both lovely! :) So sorry things have been rough lately. I find having animals very calming and therapeutic... I can pat them and feel the stress melt off some evenings. I don't know how people without animals decompress, honestly!

They're both lovely! :) So sorry things have been rough lately. I find having animals very calming and therapeutic... I can pat them and feel the stress melt off some evenings. I don't know how people without animals decompress, honestly!
I agree. People don't appreciate the amazing effect they can have!

Back