• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Ramona1013

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have 2 guinea pigs. Donatella is about 5 months she is hospitalized because her GI are very swollen her pee color had changed to a very orange/red color so she is being treated. Hours after I come home to Coco my other guinea pig and all of a sudden she starts peeing a different color like bright orange/brown . She had a bit of carrot this morning and wheat grass and cucumber . The vet said the pee could’ve changed since she is alone and under stress. But I’m not sure. PLEASE HELP

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 3
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 6
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    63 KB · Views: 4
This is the newest pee

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 5
Guinea pig urine changes colour and goes a rusty brown when drying as it oxidises so to me this looks fairly normal. Some orange/red veggies can help colour the urine too. If it were blood you would see either patches of blood within the urine patch or a dark ring round the outside.

Guinea pig urine changes colour and goes a rusty brown when drying as it oxidises so to me this looks fairly normal. Some orange/red veggies can help colour the urine too. If it were blood you would see either patches of blood within the urine patch or a dark ring round the outside.
Thank you! I took her to the vet! Turns out she has gasses :/ she is on meds right now !

Back