• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea Pig Vomits (help, I'm Scared For Her)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Florence1027

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So my Guinea pig just threw up and my dad and I have been looking and it appears she has the ''gale'' (In french). She has dry spots all over her body and the other Guinea and her fight . What happenned is that I was looking at her skin outside on the grass, she was eating some, then she started scratching herself and then rolled on her back and started puking. I am very scared and dont want to loose her, please answer.

Thank you.

I would suggest you ring for an vets appointment ASAP..

So my Guinea pig just threw up and my dad and I have been looking and it appears she has the ''gale'' (In french). She has dry spots all over her body and the other Guinea and her fight . What happenned is that I was looking at her skin outside on the grass, she was eating some, then she started scratching herself and then rolled on her back and started puking. I am very scared and dont want to loose her, please answer.

Thank you.
Hi, what did the substance look like that come out of her mouth as piggies can't vomit? If she's itchy and has visible skin issues she needs to see a vet

Hi, welcome to the forum. I agree with the above, she needs to see a vet as soon as possible. Do you have access to an emergency vet? Guinea pigs can't vomit so it is possible she was coughing up fluid or food. It sounds like she may have had a fit though from scratching due to a skin issue like mange mites.

Agree with all of the above- could have been fluid or foam if shes had a fit. She really needs to see a vet asap x

I agree with the above. Guinea pigs cannot actually vomit, but they can choke or foam up if they have a seizure, heart failure, etc. It's an emergency situation that needs a quick vet assessment. Best of luck to you and your piggie!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back