• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Guinea pig weight?

Caffee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi, ive recently started weighing my 5 year old guinea pig penny every thursday and i have some questions. First off, she currently weighs 787 grams. Is that an OK weight? Ive been told that the average is between 800-1000 grams, but then almost every online source i use tells me 700-900 grams (for adult females).I'm just really confused and its worrying me. She lost 9 grams in about two weeks, is that considered a lot? Or something that i should be concerned about?

Hi there, welcome. 9 grams is nothing to worry about. You should always weigh piggies at the same time of day to get a more accurate reading, 30 grams can be the difference in a full or empty bladder and it also depends what they've been eating too.

Back