• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Guinea pig won't get off his house

Milqshake

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I have a hidey house that has a little ramp so that he can get on top. He was never able to for a couple months but he finally figured it out. But now he hardly ever gets off of it. He eats food from the hay feeder attached to the house, he sleeps there, uses the bathroom, and won’t come off to play. The only time he leaves is to drink water. Is this an actual issue and if it is, should I do something?

Attachments

• 9C2D6F71-0631-4D7E-B1F6-5D218BF0C91F.jpeg
    9C2D6F71-0631-4D7E-B1F6-5D218BF0C91F.jpeg
    82 KB · Views: 5
  • 97124600-AA71-4DC1-90B0-A8BAE6D59461.jpeg
    97124600-AA71-4DC1-90B0-A8BAE6D59461.jpeg
    81.3 KB · Views: 5
Our little boar Theo loves sitting on the house roof so we just built him a raised loft area- could you fit something similar in your cage? A raised platform of some kind?

Is your piggy alone or are there others? Maybe he’s freaked out by other piggies or that he actually likes being up there? What about when you give him fresh veggies do you put them up there or down on the hutch floor? -I bet he would come down for those! What’s he like when another tries to climb up and how is he in himself? Sorry for the all the questions I’m intrigued as to why he’s behaving like this. He looks like a lovely boy :love:

Another thing you could try is moving the house to a different area of the cage and see if he still does it? That might tell you if he just likes sitting on it for comfort means. Or take it out and see how he does with other piggies?

Captain Jack is the only one of mine that perches on top of any of the houses. Actually just realised that Admiral Jellicoe does too...

Back