• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hannah’s Herd thread!

All went well for Henry at the vet on Tuesday, Dr Aaron took a sample of both armpit lumps and could only see fatty cells. So all seems benign and fingers crossed they are nothing more that fatty cysts to keep an eye on.

Tomorrow is Lions turn and Roxy the chicken!

And unfortunately I acquired another patient for the vet in the morning, We found a tiny wild baby rabbit on our dog walk tonight, He can’t use his back legs. Paralysed from the waist I think 😢😢 he’s got a nice warm and quiet night in a box filled with hay, ready for euthanasia tomorrow😞

All went well for Henry at the vet on Tuesday, Dr Aaron took a sample of both armpit lumps and could only see fatty cells. So all seems benign and fingers crossed they are nothing more that fatty cysts to keep an eye on.

Tomorrow is Lions turn and Roxy the chicken!

And unfortunately I acquired another patient for the vet in the morning, We found a tiny wild baby rabbit on our dog walk tonight, He can’t use his back legs. Paralysed from the waist I think 😢😢 he’s got a nice warm and quiet night in a box filled with hay, ready for euthanasia tomorrow😞
That’s great for lovely Henry ❤️
Hopefully Lion and Roxy will get on well tomorro
Oh Hannah you are such a kind animal carer - sad to hear about the little rabbit but lovely that you have helped this rabbit so that the rabbit wasn’t predated. Such kindness and the best outcome for it.

That’s great for lovely Henry ❤️
Hopefully Lion and Roxy will get on well tomorro
Oh Hannah you are such a kind animal carer - sad to hear about the little rabbit but lovely that you have helped this rabbit so that the rabbit wasn’t predated. Such kindness and the best outcome for it.

Thank you Roselina :luv:
I didn’t like the thought of just leaving the little baby, I know it could have been prey for an owl or fox. But it would have been so scared not being able to defend itself at all. Just dragging his little helpless body around. It will be cold tonight too.
He may just pass away himself tonight. Luckily my vet appointments are nice and early if he’s still suffering tomorrow.

So pleased to hear that it is good news for Henry! 🥰
Hope all goes well for Lion and Roxy 🤞

That poor little rabbit 😞 Well done you for saving him from further stress

Lionheart went well at the vets, his top incisors are almost back to normal shape. Bottom ones are still not right, but no sign of pain or infection or anything to be too concerned about. He suggested x-rays but was happy to just see how he goes. He’s got a re-visit in 3 months.

Roxy chicken has been put on a higher dose of metacam, vet can’t feel any breaks or sprains so hopefully with the anti-inflammatorys she will imporove over the next week or so.

Wild Baby bunny passed away just before we arrived at the vets. I’ve buried him in the garden.

My car was jam packed full of animals on the way home..it looked, and smelt like a farmyard. As I ended up picking up a lamb to transport to a carer on the way home too.
I had 2 chickens, a Guinea pig, a deceased bunny and a newborn lamb in my car 🤣 🤣 Only me!

IMG_2041.jpegIMG_2046.jpeg

Sorry I haven’t been around much lately, hope everyone on the forum is okay.
I’ve been a bit out of sorts recently, all is okay though. Just not felt very social I guess!

The piggies are all doing well.
Here is Buttons enjoying the hammock I put in their cage. (Note poor Emily being squashed underneath)
IMG_2291.jpeg

No Emily in this one:
IMG_2324.jpeg

Chickens on my (messy) doorstep
IMG_2239.jpeg

IMG_2178.jpeg

Olive looking adorable:
IMG_2149.jpeg
The horses enjoying the Guinea pigs left over hay pile.
IMG_2161.jpeg
IMG_2159.jpegIMG_2156.jpeg

Little outing with my boys:
IMG_2113.jpeg

Hello everyone!
It’s been a while since I posted, I’ve had a lot going on personally and just been a busy bee!
I’ve currently got one of my sisters here visiting from England which is absolutely amazing! It was quite a sudden visit with not much warning, I only had a few days to make up the spare bedroom with furniture etc. got it all done in time and was so exciting picky her up from the airport. First time a family member has seen our home out here in Australia. She’s been here almost a week and unfortunately I’ve had to keep working quite a bit but I have time off this weekend over my birthday and will take lots of time off for the rest of the time she’s here, until January.
Picking up sis from the airport:
IMG_2861.jpeg

The spare room we quickly put together;
IMG_2804.jpeg

All the animals are happy and well, I’ve got 3 new chickens that I adopted from the RSPCA a few weeks ago. They are hens seized from a fighting property. They are extremely nervous and flighty but already improving-only slightly. It will take time.
IMG_2721.jpeg

Spring/start of summer has been up and down, it was horribly warm and dry and didn’t rain for about 6 weeks. Then we had lots of rain and cold weather and now we have 35 degree days and the next just 18..
IMG_2799.jpeg

The piggies are great, they have their aircon on a timer while I’m at work. Spoilt piggies.
Lions bad tooth has caused a bit of concern, The thick long tooth seemed like it was straightening out but then suddenly it grew sharp and pointy and almost touching his top gum so I had to take him back to the vet for a third time and Aaron trimmed the front tooth back to the correct level. Looked better straight away and Lion was able to pick his food up easier again. Though just 2 days later the hole that was in that tooth has either grown out or weakened causing the tooth to appear jagged again. However it’s not long enough to cause a problem..I don’t think. I’m keeping a close eye on it and he is on metacam and septrin twice a day for his toothy.
He’s happy and well in himself with a great appetite still, just has lost some weight over the past few months with his tooth being problematic. He’s back to the vet in 3 weeks time.
IMG_2694.jpeg

Maude saying hello:
IMG_2692.jpeg

Buttons with her feeties out:
IMG_2678.jpeg

Once my sister returns, Jons mum and Auntie are coming for the whole of January. Which will be lovely. But I think I’m going to be a bit tired and ready to get my home back after these next two months haha. I’m not use to visitors!

Took the boys for a swim on a stinking hot day, they absolutely love water these two:
IMG_2641.jpeg

IMG_2401.jpeg

Always lovely to catch up with you Hannah
What lovely photos ❤️
Wonderful to have your sister there and the spare bedroom looks fantastic 🥰

So a couple of weeks ago, while having dinner outside I spotted a tiny rooster pecking around in my horse paddock. It was close to getting dark so very likely to get taken by a fox so I somehow managed to catch him. I drove him around to a house I thought he may have come from but there was no answer so I kept him for the night and put a ‘found’ ad on the local FB page. The next morning he didn’t seem that well, he was missing many feathers on his chest and also seemed very tired not very perky. And also wasn’t eating hardly anything. He also kept shutting one eye. No one came forward to collect him so I kept him in the aviary for a few days and gave him vitamins etc to help him feel better. I was quite confident that he wasn’t carrying anything contagious to my girls so I decided to let him out to meet them which really helped brighten him up.

He took an immediate liking to ‘Dot’ the smallest chook, a Japanese Batam cross which I’m assuming he is. But she’s the feistiest chook out the lot! He followed her around all day but she paid him little attention nor patience. He avoided everyone else, especially the three giant Sussex ladies whom are 5x times the weight of him. Wise move. They’re the ultimate bosses. But they are fair. They paid him no attention, in fact no one paid him any attention which I was very surprised at. They haven’t had a rooster before, and they weren’t bothered about him in the slightest. Maybe because he’s so quiet and has a very nervous disposition. Over the next few days he decided Dot, though smitten with wasn’t worth perusing. So he followed around the 3 new girls, They are all placid with the same nervous disposition as him so he fitted in well with them. They have been very kind to him.
He hasn’t shown any signs of wanting to mate with anyone yet, which I’m glad about. He’s started crowing but other than that he quietly keeps himself to himself. He doesn’t seem to know that when I throw food.. that it’s food..he’ll have to soon learn that here as my girls demolish food in seconds leaving no scrap behind, you’ve got to learn to eat quick amongst these fat ladies.
He’s very wary of us humans and I can’t approach him, But just like the 3 new rspca girls whom have really come out their shells and get very close to me now he will
Soon learn that he can relax here.
So it looks like he’s here to stay and I now have a teeny tiny Rooster.
Meet ‘Howl’

The day I found him, drinking out of a puddle in the paddock:
IMG_3261.jpeg

Following un-impressed Dot around..
IMG_3350.jpeg

The handsome little Howl:
IMG_3443.jpegIMG_3440.jpeg

He's a lucky boy to have found you Hannah. You and Jon have such big hearts and I'm sure you'll make wonderful parents in a few months.
Thank you Betsy, that’s very kind of you. :luv:
I'm sure the baby will grow up to be animal mad like me, growing up with all these pets!

Back