• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Hay suggestions: my piggie doesn't eat Timothy Hay

veesilver

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi everyone!
My baby Peach doesn't seem to eat hay (I see her rarely munching on it, but she is always wheeking for her favourite food - a muesli dry mix, which she was fed at her breeder and I am trying to remove from her diet). She certainly doesn't have 80% hay in her diet at the moment, and I am trying to cut off on everything else right now because her poos are soft. It makes me worry a bit that she won't get enough to eat because of this, and the vet already said she is a bit malnourished (currently 300g, but not sure of her age, could be anywhere between 6 to 9 weeks) Our other baby eats considerably more hay though, and we always give them fresh one and in good quantities, so it must be the type rather than the batch we got. We currently give them Timothy Hay from small pet select.
Any recommendations as to what type of hay we could switch to, that she might like more?

Any grass hay is fine. Mine eat just meadow hay (they’ve gone off timothy).
I get my hay on subscription from Haybox.club

Ours eat a mix of Timothy, meadow, and botanical. We get the large Oxbow hay blend of Timothy and meadow and then add a small bag of botanical to mix it up. We’ve tried oat hay as well but we found the strands too long and they would sometimes irritate our piggies eyes when they would try to eat it. Sometimes piggies can be picky and adding another type or trying a different kind all together can help find what they like the best. Best of luck 😀

Ours eat a mix of Timothy, meadow, and botanical. We get the large Oxbow hay blend of Timothy and meadow and then add a small bag of botanical to mix it up. We’ve tried oat hay as well but we found the strands too long and they would sometimes irritate our piggies eyes when they would try to eat it. Sometimes piggies can be picky and adding another type or trying a different kind all together can help find what they like the best. Best of luck 😀
Thank you so much!

Back