• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
She's indoors, I think the reason for her behaviour was the fact that I had to reposition my cage in front of the window for a couple of days (I had actually forgotten about how dangerous direct sunlight is!) but I put it back where it originally was and hopefully she doesn't have to go through this ever again.

Just put a sheet over the cage while the sun is on that side of the house if you ever have to do this again. ;)

Please make sure that you are keeping your flat/house as cool as possible during the summer and follow the tips in the guide that deal with this aspect.

We sadly had to deal with lots of overheated and very ill guinea pigs and a large number of distraught people who'd lost their piggies to the heatwave last summer. You think you may be doing enough, but please make sure that there isn't more that you could do! It really can make the difference between survival or not; we've seen that during the record summer last year. ;)

Back