• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

How Can I Make Baths Easier For Baby?

TheLottiediarys

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys!

Unfortunately Baby has some medicated shampoo she has been prescribed for her skin as it gets very irritated and flaky,
But she hates having a bath!
It's like she's being tortured the way she reacts to it!

I'm trying to think of ways to make the whole process less stressful for her but nothing seems to work? Any ideas?
I've tried taking it very slow,
I've tried placing her in a sink, in a tub, with very little water,
Cupping the water over her with my hand,
Using a cup,

Everything makes her freak out! She jumps out of the sink which is scary and even with my partner holding her it's a challenge and she obviously hates it but she has to have them :/

Any ideas?
What do you guys do to make it easier?

my Calipso did the same only the first time; now she climbs on my arms for going out, but if I bend on her putting my face next to hers, she stays still.
It is better to use very warm water (really very warm!), then do not do any noise, no water noise from the tap.
You should try different methods... My Calliope relaxes a lot into very warm water, Calipso does not and I have to wash myself with her... I put water on her closed to my neck... imagine my self! But it is working.
Was it the first time of the bath? well, I show you the results of my first attempt (I bath my pigies once a month because their fur is long and gets very dirty without a bath)
100_6870.JPG
:)):)):)):))
now things go on better
100_7610.JPG
she sometimes relaxes and closes her eyes...:wub:
but NO NOISE! just a little sound and she jumps out of the sink.
Try to use a warmer water...

This might sound a little crazy but would I be able to use a wet comb to wet her fur, massage some shampoo in and then use a wet comb to remove the shampoo?

She seems to mainly have an issue with the water being poured/touching her body, from above and below. But she's happier to be combed.

Would I be able to comb all the residue off with a fine tooth comb/flea comb or would it leave residue that would be harmful if she ingested it?

Back