I Have One Male And I Think He Is Lonely :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luna1

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I adopted my male guinea pig from the adoption centre at pets at home and I want to find him a friend, but obviously being a male there is a large chance of fighting if I got another male, I've thought of neutering him and getting a female, but he is only around 1 year old so I don't think that is an option just yet, I've also considered finding a willing female to have babies with so I can have the male babies for him but some consider that to be cruel and dangerous, I'm not sure what to do in order to get him a friend.

Please give me some advice! :)

Big G

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi Luna1
I'm in sort of the same position as you, but i'm not really the best for giving out information or advice on this matter.
We're also trying to find out more about introducing a new piggy to an older one etc.

Good luck.

Tigermoth

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Whereabouts do you live? It is possible with some rescues to take your piggy along and they will help you find a friend for him. The rescue locator at the top will help you find somewhere reputable but I don't think they all do dating.

The having a baby plan is flawed on a few levels and would not be recommended for a variety of moral grounds, but you also don't guarantee getting the male you want either!

There are some great info threads if you go to the main forum boards and look at behaviour, they explain all about the boar dynamics, so I would heartily recommend you make reading those your start point.

Good luck!

Luna1

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi Luna1
I'm in sort of the same position as you, but i'm not really the best for giving out information or advice on this matter.
We're also trying to find out more about introducing a new piggy to an older one etc.

Good luck.
Good luck to you too :) Please update me on your pig as I'd like to see how it goes, thanks :)

Luna1

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Whereabouts do you live? It is possible with some rescues to take your piggy along and they will help you find a friend for him. The rescue locator at the top will help you find somewhere reputable but I don't think they all do dating.

The having a baby plan is flawed on a few levels and would not be recommended for a variety of moral grounds, but you also don't guarantee getting the male you want either!

There are some great info threads if you go to the main forum boards and look at behaviour, they explain all about the boar dynamics, so I would heartily recommend you make reading those your start point.

Good luck!
Thanks for the info, I think I'll try the rescue idea :)

Status
Not open for further replies.