• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Charles Mehmel

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So i have two boy pigs and for some crazy reason I wanted to breed, so I got a girl. Upon meeting my boys went hump crazy and wouldn't leave her alone. I have two cages so I separated them to give her a break so this is where the problem is now my boys are fighting and they've never done that before. So should I return the girl and if I do will they go back to being pals again or will the boys just hash it out like their other problems and I can keep my breeding hopes alive.

they have now calmed down but I'm worried if this will always happen upon the first separation from her.

This is a non breeding forum and I would say no! Putting the girl with your boys has and will make them fight. Now they know a sow is around they will fight each other to own rights of mating with her. It only takes a few seconds for a sow to become pregnant and not only that but it risks the sows life as not all pregnancys go to plan! Please don't put them back together or continue your crazy plan. And the boys need separating if they are drawing blood.

Now I'm tagging @Wiebke and @BossHogg because this forum doesn't support breeding!

Hello

Breeding is extremely dangerous especially when you are inexperienced and risks the lives of the female piggy and any pups. If your boys have 'humped her as you say' then please DO NOT place them in with her again, she will in most likely hood be pregnant.

You will by letting them repeatedly hump her be causing her great distress. I am flabbergasted to be honest that you thought that putting TWO boys in with a piggy was an acceptable thing to do to try and breed. DO NOT DO THIS AGAIN please for your piggies sake and safety.

they have now calmed down but I'm worried if this will always happen upon the first separation from her.

Your statement here is so worrying, first separation - you do know how reproduction in any species works? SHE HAS BEEN IMPREGNATED DO NOT ALLOW THEM NEAR HER AGAIN

You are now also putting your boars lives at risk too. They will continue to fight while a female is around and possibly cause fatal wounds to each other. Putting them both in with her is risking all piggies lives.
Remove them to a separate room straight away and separate them if they are showing any signs of aggression

We are a rescue friendly forum and we don't agree with or condone with intentional breeding - what you are partaking in. When you signed up for the forum you are asked to read through and agree to our rules.

i will be banning you if you discuss breeding again. I hope you care enough for your pigs to heed the advice given and keep the boys away from the female as she will be pregnant now. i also suggest you join a breeding community for advice because you are way out of your depth at this point in time. I think what you have done is cruel, poorly planned and put the welfare and safety of your pigs at risk. You will not receive breeding advice here.

The only reason you still have an account after your postings is so I hope you will take our advice regarding both the welfare of your sow and boars in this current situation.

Read this https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/pregnancy-guide.109375/

Last edited:
I have started the day with the best piece of news, I see... better than reading italian newspapers...
Delete this post, but I couldn't help but avoiding to express PART of my thoughts.:cen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back