• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Idea For Outdoor Home For 2 Boars...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lucyy

New Born Pup
Reaction score
So I have found this hobbit hole on gumtree and was wondering if people think it would be fine. I currently have one boar, Drogo, but am hoping to adopt another very soon and then move them outside due to it getting nicer (Drogo goes out for the day anyway but don't want to put him out by himself or in the shed with the rabbits when I can't monitor them).
The advert says it's 8x4x4 feet so a reasonable size. Kids hobbit style garden playhouse | in Dundee | Gumtree.
$_86.JPG

I thought about insulating it and making adjustments for ventilation and whatnot and have a nice spot in the garden where it could sit with a permanent run attached on the front or even on the side with some help from my dad!

It would be great to hear opinions and suggestions! Thank youuu

It is very cute, but I think it would be a total nightmare to clean!
Others might have different ideas, but I have no idea how you would get inside (easily) to give it a full clean.
Plus I would also be worried about ventilation in the Summer and an overall lack of natural light - the window and door are quite smal,l and it could get pretty hot inside.
To be honest if you are willing to invest in a shed or aviary that might work better for piggies.

I agree that it does look very cute. However, by the time you have spent money on making it guinea pig friendly, you could probably have brought a new shed or something.

I too would be quite concerned about the lack of natural and it does look a nightmare to clean as I don't imagine you would be able to stand up inside it unlike a shed x

So I have found this hobbit hole on gumtree and was wondering if people think it would be fine. I currently have one boar, Drogo, but am hoping to adopt another very soon and then move them outside due to it getting nicer (Drogo goes out for the day anyway but don't want to put him out by himself or in the shed with the rabbits when I can't monitor them).
The advert says it's 8x4x4 feet so a reasonable size. Kids hobbit style garden playhouse | in Dundee | Gumtree.
$_86.JPG

I thought about insulating it and making adjustments for ventilation and whatnot and have a nice spot in the garden where it could sit with a permanent run attached on the front or even on the side with some help from my dad!

It would be great to hear opinions and suggestions! Thank youuu
Looks awesome but practical?!

You could cut out most of the left side and turn that into a door for easier access but it would be a tough job and could ruin it. x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back