• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Injured Penis?!? Help?!

Andrea999

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
IMG_20170716_222017293.jpg

Sorry for the graphic image... But we have a problem here!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? What could be wrong with him?

This is my little guy Chester. He's just a few months old. Anyway, I have 3 other male pigs and have never had anything like this happen. I thought it may be boar glue with something stuck in it or something like that. I couldn't get it off though. We tried a bath. Antibiotic to lube it up. Wouldn't budge. It seemed pretty painful for the little guy too. My husband thinks it's a scab. It does sort of seem that way.

Any help is welcome!

I would take your boy to the vet. They'll probably give you something to dull the pain and a better idea of what's happened.

Last edited:
I agree this lad is in pain, so you have to get him to the vet, so he is can get pain killers & get this little lad diagnosed. The longer he is left the worse it can only get. Let us know how it gets on.

It looks like it could be infected so will need antibiotics and pain relief.

He might have been bitten or got something caught in there which has scratched it and caused an infection.

Oh poor boy it looks like an infection with information to me but I'm no expert you really need to see a vet his going to need pain relief at least I really hope he is ok please let us know how you get on. x

View attachment 66715

Sorry for the graphic image... But we have a problem here!

Has anyone ever seen anything like this? What could be wrong with him?

This is my little guy Chester. He's just a few months old. Anyway, I have 3 other male pigs and have never had anything like this happen. I thought it may be boar glue with something stuck in it or something like that. I couldn't get it off though. We tried a bath. Antibiotic to lube it up. Wouldn't budge. It seemed pretty painful for the little guy too. My husband thinks it's a scab. It does sort of seem that way.

Any help is welcome!

Please see a vet asap!

What time is your vet, appointment, it must sting when he has wee. Trouble is we don't know whether he's in pain or not. I think he is. Please tell me your not going to leave this Hun. Don't take the scab off until you've seen the vet, if it's an abscess the vet will deaden the area if she has to, remove the scab. Otherwise it's going to be excruciating pain for him. We are all waiting for news of what this is.

Last edited:
I agree with the other posters. I'd go to the vet ASAP as well, it would probably be impeding his ability to wee too?

Your poor boy! That does look very sore. He needs to see the vet!

Keep us posted!

Please please let us know how Chester got on at the vets,
I really hope he is ok and they sorted him out and that his not in any pain

Back