• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Is This The Vetbed Everyone Uses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Beans&Toast

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I ordered a sample size of vetbed and it's just been delivered.

Only thing is, it doesn't look like I thought it would based on pictures..

I thought it would have a waterproof backing but it doesn't look like this would be waterproof?

Does this look right to everyone?

20160224_121604.jpg
20160224_121608.jpg 20160224_121637.jpg

Excuse the mess in the background Ive just cleaned the pigs out :P

:D Neither my Vetbed nor Profleece look like that. Both have a woven green backing. Where did you get that stuff from?

I got most of my fleece from Profleece.com, and I think I got some Vetbed from Dogproducts Direct.co.uk

Someone called vetfleece from eBay... glad I only ordered a sample size :td:

Where did you get yours?

:D Come to think of it, I might have got some of mine from Ebay, but not much. I got most of mine from "Profleece.com". They do it in eight colours (none of them purple!) and lots of different sizes. I mostly bought packs of two pieces, size 36 X 24 inches for £21.95. You can choose your own colours too.

:D Come to think of it, I might have got some of mine from Ebay, but not much. I got most of mine from "Profleece.com". They do it in eight colours (none of them purple!) and lots of different sizes. I mostly bought packs of two pieces, size 36 X 24 inches for £21.95. You can choose your own colours too.

Thank you :) Do those ones have the waterproof backing?

There are lots of different types of vet fleece, that looks like the ones with the non-slip rubber backing? I have the grey one with the green backing which isn't waterproof as you need towels or something underneath to absorb after the vetbed wicks away the wee or it would just make the fleecy part all soggy.

Professional Veterinary Bedding 13 size Charcoal Pet Whelping Dog Puppy Vet Bed that's what I would get.

But it looks like you have a piece of this NON SLIP Professional Veterinary Bedding 13 sizes Pet Whelping Dog Puppy Vet Bed which is different to the "normal" professional vetbed :)

I have used that bedding that you have a sample of. It is a foam rubber backing that I found was prone to get smelly quickly. The std green backing one is ideal, with a layer (4 sheets thick) of newspaper underneath. I have never used (or seen) waterproof backed vetbed and suspect it would hold wee in puddles.

Thank you :) Do those ones have the waterproof backing?

The Profleece that I buy does NOT have waterproof backing, but Profleece.com DO sell fleece with waterproof backing. Only problem with that is that it makes the Fleece too bulky to put in the washing machine. The only other way to wash it would be to use a garden hose on it outside.

I love that type, I've not used the other. It is not completely waterproof but it dies stop nearly all the moisture. Mine do wee on it on occasions and it is pretty near. Why not try it with a table spoon of water - see if it feel wet on the other side after ten minutes to let it soak in?
I've never had an issue with smell with it at all personally, but yes it is bulky in large pieces. I use it to line smaller areas of my set up. It's perfect for ramps too - good grip :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back