Janey’s Piggies

I love seeing how they interact with each other and the huge popcorns Margot is doing at the moment. It was 2017 when I last had the pleasure of baby piggies; that was courtesy of a PAH piggy, Fifi, arriving already pregnant!
I see your older girls doing mini-popcorns too, lifting slightly off the ground on one side. Very happy piggies! And such fun to watch.
 
I see your older girls doing mini-popcorns too, lifting slightly off the ground on one side. Very happy piggies! And such fun to watch.
As Dori turned 5 in April this year, her popcorns are considerably more sedate than Margot’s but I still love to see them too! As for Selwyn, he’s rather chunky now at over 1400g, but wonderful to see of course 🥰
 
Margot wheeks loudly at every rustle of any sort of bag - whether veggies or not. It’s become such a thing now, she’s even made my hubby give her a bit of grass as he’s feeling so bad! Hubby isn’t usually at all bothered about the piggies - it made me chuckle 😂
 
Mine have also trained my husband who isn’t too bothered about them 😅
It’s a gift piggies have.
Glad that Margot has your hubby well trained too 😁

It’s adorable how loudly she wheeks! She’s definitely the loudest piggy I’ve ever had :luv:
 
IMG_3297.webp

Just a quick pic of them all chilling out. Margot seems to enjoy resting out in the open, which is lovely to see and Selwyn enjoys squishing big piles of hay - it was enormous earlier! You can just see Dori peeping her nose out 🥰
 
We’re going to have a meet and greet tomorrow with a piggy at the RSPCA! I’m excited of course, as she’s an old lady of 6 and I’d absolutely love to give her a loving home for however long she needs one, so hoping my plan of having her live alongside my 3 will be a positive experience for her. Initially I thought about bonding her with Dori, who’s also getting on in years at 5.5, but will see how it goes. I’m not sure if even attempting to bond is a good idea, as I’ve read on here it can be tricky with older sows and she’s apparently had at least one failed bonding before but I’ve no idea what happened as yet, but will ask tomorrow. Any thoughts anyone might have would be very welcome 🥰
 
I’ve never bonded sows. But I wish you luck. I hope she has many happy days with you all 🥰
 
Back
Top