• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Loss of appetite, feed critical care?

Ruby200e

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Chorizo was doing really well, but out of nowhere, all he does is sleep and doesn’t even squeak for food, compared to his cage mate, Tiny, he doesn’t eat or drink water. He seems depressed:( I’m scared something may be wrong with him, he used to be such a sweet little piggie and always approached me for snacks. I have some Critical Care, should I syringe feed him some of that until tomorrow when I get my check to take him to the vet?
As cute as he looks sleeping I’m really concerned :(
96E0D02A-5534-458D-8214-6EA1D55D0BF5.png

Yes, syringe feed him every 3 hours if you can (but do get some sleep), his digestion must not be left to ‘shut down’ as this is very dangerous x Hope you can find out what’s wrong with your poorly boy x
Can you also try hand feeding him a bit of grass or his favourite veggies

Yes, syringe feed him every 3 hours if you can (but do get some sleep), his digestion must not be left to ‘shut down’ as this is very dangerous x Hope you can find out what’s wrong with your poorly boy x
Can you also try hand feeding him a bit of grass or his favourite veggies
Thank you very much! I noticed that the thinner the mixture is the better, he wouldn’t eat it when it was thick. Thank you again for your tips, I do hope he gets better soon😞

Back