• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Maple Meets Beans

Beans&Toast

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Maple joined the family on Thursday (I changed her name to Maple, I just think she suits it and it fits in with the food theme, Maple syrup :drool:). Beans had been a bit lonely since losing Toast and wasn't quite herself anymore.

Enter Maple.

She is from the Ayr guinea pig rescue centre. This little pig is 8 months old, she is tiny at 700g, compaired to Beans at 1120g. She is the fastest little creature I have ever seen, which is why I'm yet to get a good photo of her, and she's certainly keeping Beans and myself on our toes! :love:

She has the most crazy hair, when she's sitting still I can't tell which end is her bum and which is her face... :drool:

They are getting on well, it's only been 2 days so they're not best friends yet and they're still trying to decide who is boss, but there haven't been any fights, just some rumbling and kicking out of hideys, then some mutual eye licking to make up.:luv:

20171013_103603.jpg
20171013_160440.jpg

20171013_163454.jpg
20171014_092719.jpg
20171013_173639.jpg
20171013_173935.jpg
20171014_090738.jpg
20171014_090758.jpg

I will attempt to get some better photos of them together, she's just so fidgety it's impossible! :doh:

So Maple joined the family on Thursday (I changed her name to Maple, I just think she suits it and it fits in with the food theme, Maple syrup :drool:). Beans had been a bit lonely since losing Toast and wasn't quite herself anymore.

Enter Maple.

She is from the Ayr guinea pig rescue centre. This little pig is 8 months old, she is tiny at 700g, compaired to Beans at 1120g. She is the fastest little creature I have ever seen, which is why I'm yet to get a good photo of her, and she's certainly keeping Beans and myself on our toes! :love:

She has the most crazy hair, when she's sitting still I can't tell which end is her bum and which is her face... :drool:

They are getting on well, it's only been 2 days so they're not best friends yet and they're still trying to decide who is boss, but there haven't been any fights, just some rumbling and kicking out of hideys, then some mutual eye licking to make up.:luv:

View attachment 72961
View attachment 72962

View attachment 72963
View attachment 72974
View attachment 72965
View attachment 72969
View attachment 72971
View attachment 72973

I will attempt to get some better photos of them together, she's just so fidgety it's impossible! :doh:
So glad that you’ve found a new friend for Beans! Great that you managed to rescue in Scotland as I know how hard that is!
Seem to be settling in well together too!
She has fantastic hair!
Photos are fine!

What a pair of pignappable piggies! :bal:
Gorgeous girls :wub:
Glad you've found Beans a new friend, i bet she's secretly loving the new company... just doesn't want to let on to you yet though :shh:
xx

Thanks everyone, they are beautiful, if I do say so myself :drool:

Only thing with Maple is that when the lights go off at night she does laps of the cage at high speed, keeping me up and knocking Beans over in the process :doh:
Beans tries her best to keep up but she's older and a bit slower, bless her :wub:

Thanks everyone, they are beautiful, if I do say so myself :drool:

Only thing with Maple is that when the lights go off at night she does laps of the cage at high speed, keeping me up and knocking Beans over in the process :doh:
Beans tries her best to keep up but she's older and a bit slower, bless her :wub:
:oops:Poor Beans. But :lol::lol:XD Maple is crazy. :bronco:

Awwwwww ;love: what a cutie! They look wonderful together. Pleased it is going well, took us a couple of weeks to settle chickpea in with Widget but they are the best of friends now. Sounds like this new friendship is heading in the right direction :)

The laps in the dark made me lol

Back