• Winter is here! Make sure you piggies are safe by taking action now, for more information on cold weather protection - Click Here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
  • You can find lots of information on how to settle in, understand your new guinea pigs in our New Owners Guide Collection but please ask any questions you have in Wannabe and New Owners' section.

Missing my baby.

ChubbyCarrots

Junior Guinea Pig
Exactly two months ago he passed away. I still get really upset talking about him, he was my baby. He meant the world to me. His passing hit me hard, he went so suddenly and if I’m being honest, I don’t want to move on for fear of forgetting my darling. EF38C072-8C6C-4014-8CA1-A462930EA51E.jpeg

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
I'm really sorry for your loss. It can definitely be hard to move forward after a loss. For what it's worth, I've had many pets over the years and have never forgotten a single one of them. Pets can't be replaced, they are each unique and hold a special place in our heart. But there may come a time when there is enough space in your heart for a new pet... not as a replacement, but as a unique individual in their own right. You will know when you get there. ((HUGS.))

Betsy

Forum Donator 2017/18
Exactly two months ago he passed away. I still get really upset talking about him, he was my baby. He meant the world to me. His passing hit me hard, he went so suddenly and if I’m being honest, I don’t want to move on for fear of forgetting my darling. View attachment 104472
You will never forget him. He was a gorgeous boy. He will always be with you, in the love you had for each other, in the memories you shared and in the photos you have of him. It's only been a short amount of time so things will still be feeling pretty raw at the moment. The longer the grieving the more you have loved.

rhymer

Teenage Guinea Pig
So sorry for your loss. Each piggy we let into our lives is special and unique.
Your little one has taught you to love piggies, getting another one won't be a replacement but an extension of the love you shared.
I never forget my of my piggies, the funny little things they did and their little quirks and personalities.
Hugs at this difficult time.xx

Merab's Slave

Forum Donator 2017/18
So sorry for your loss. Grief takes time and 2 months isn't that long
You will never forget - I still remember and treasure the piggies I have lost. Their successors are still loved and have made their own places in my heart.
The nature of love is the heart has and endless capacity for love and the more we love, the more there is to pass on.