• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Mucus in urine

GeorgiaHarris

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I’ve had my 2 month old skinny pig sow out for lap time and I’ve just noticed that after she urinated there was some mucus attached to her genitals. Her urine looks completely normal and there is no mucus in her urine it’s just attached to her afterwards. I wiped it off, the first bit was yellowish and the second time she peed the mucus was less yellow and more clear. Any ideas what this is?6116E5AE-43AF-4F04-B498-A6D834D67E62.jpeg

Hi! Please have her vet checked. The mucus may have come from the reproductive tract rather than the urinary tract but is not normal.

Please have her seen by the vet. It sounds like a discharge from her genital tract and could be the start of a womb infection. Please show the vet the photos.

Back