• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

AdamFrench

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
We are having no luck at the moment.
Tao was taken into the vets for a repeat white bum. She had 10 days on Baytril and the symptoms would not remain away. An x-ray showed she had a thickened uterus wall. So another 28 day course, double dose, was prescribed. She stopped eating so the antibiotics stopped until she was prescribed gut stimulants, and along side probiotics she was maintaining weight. She's 20 days in and started dropping weight again. I stopped the antibiotics last night to see if she gained but she's lost further weight today. She's lost 70g overall and 45g in the last 48 hours. Her bottom looks to me a little swollen and when I open her bum a bit at once side it looks like a black ink substance inside.

She's eating hay and some veggies with us no problem but doesn't seem to gain 1g.

She's at a guinea savvy vets on Saturday morning but I'm terrified to wait!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back