• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

My Guinea Pig Is In Pain And I Dont Know Why

Status
Not open for further replies.

prince

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello guinea pig lovers,
I am in an urgent need of help. My guinea pigs were outside and roaming freely in my yard, as they always are on nice days. After they had 5 hours of play time I decided to go out and find them and bring them inside so they could eat. One of my guinea pigs was out of her boarders and laying in the yard. The other one was in his boundaries. I brought the two inside and noticed they were both limp and one was squealing in pain but has no sign of injury, other than his inability to walk straight. The other can hardly lift its head and also has a gash on her neck that is slightly bleeding. She too can hardly walk. They both twitch/ jump every few seconds. It was been multiple hours since I brought them inside and nothing has changed. I have absolutely no clue as to what to do or what could have possibly hurt them! I was thinking either an animal attacked them or they ate something poisonous but nothing is adding up! I have had these two for 4 years and previously had one for 9 years until it died recently due to old age. None of my piggies have gotten hurt while roaming around my yard outside before. I cannot afford a visit to the doctors. Someone please help me. I am so depressed at the thought of not being able to help my babies.

It seems as though one of their legs are broken and they cannot get comfortable enough to sleep.

Ditto PiggyOwner. Unfortunately we don't have enough information to even hazard a guess at what has happened. We can only suggest that a vet is seen straight away. It could be possible that the piggy with no external injuries could be suffering internally.

I hope you find out what it wrong, and your piggies recover @prince . Please let us know.

It sounds to me that they could have been attacked by an animal. Sadly no free ranging guinea pig is ever safe.

Please, please have them seen by a vet as a matter of emergency. It sounds like they are suffering and are in pain. They could also be suffering from internal injuries and shock.

Some vets can offer payment plans.

Thank you to everyone who answered. I scrapped up the money and took them to the vet. Unfortunately, without a bunch of tests the veterinarians are unsure of the issue. My babies have to be put to sleep.

Thank you to everyone who answered. I scrapped up the money and took them to the vet. Unfortunately, without a bunch of tests the veterinarians are unsure of the issue. My babies have to be put to sleep.

I'm so sorry to hear this . You did the right thing taking them to the vet .

I'm so sorry to hear this :( But you did the right thing taking them to the vets.

This was a tragic accident so please do not blame yourself xx

I am so sorry you lost your babies, but thank you for doing the right thing and finding the money to ensure they didn't suffer.
Huge hugs to you tonight.

I am so very sorry. PTS is the last act of love w can do for our pets at times. It is a tough choice and painful but you have helped them when they needed you the most. Hugs x

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back