• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement
Status
Not open for further replies.

MyWigglyPiggies

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I went on a week long trip with half of my family to New York. I had my sister who stayed home look after my two guinea pigs. When I came home and checked on my guinea pigs I noticed that they weren't sqeaking or saying anything like they usually do when I come into the room. Still, I gave them water and food like usual but the still stayed in their houses. Finally, when I gave one of them (Blondie) a treat he came out. Both of them weren't really eating the food I gave out. I picked up Blondie for lap time and noticed he was shaking! I put him down on the floor but he wouldn't move around. I have never seen any of my guinea pigs shake like that. Please help.

The best advice anyone can and should give you is have your piggy seen by a vet as soon as possible if you think there may be something wrong with him.

Piggies hide illness very well and can go down hill very fast so the sooner you seek medical advice and treatment the better. If neither of them is really eating or drinking then you may want to take them both.

Have you spoken to your sister about how they have been while you have been away? Have they been eating and drinking? Has anything happened while you have been away? The answers may help the vet when trying to diagnose any health issues.

Let us know how you get on. xx

I strongly advise you get your guinea pig seen by a vet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back