• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

My Guinea Pig Keeps Biting Me

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mishatoe

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've had a baby guinea pig for about a month now and when I take her out to roam on my bed she bites me. I'm not even touching her and she comes over and licks me and then bitez VERY hard. She has done it to my face, but it's usually on my hands, fingertips, and arms. What should I do about this? She needs time out of her cage but this biting really hurts.

I've had a baby guinea pig for about a month now and when I take her out to roam on my bed she bites me. I'm not even touching her and she comes over and licks me and then bitez VERY hard. She has done it to my face, but it's usually on my hands, fingertips, and arms. What should I do about this? She needs time out of her cage but this biting really hurts.

Hi! Have a read through these guides here. They explain in detail what is going on and how you can deal with it by using guinea pig behaviours she instinctively understands. That will sort the problem for you without endangering your bond. All you need to do is asserting yourself as the top piggy, but telling her that you love her and want her to be a member of your group. It is the top piggy that says what goes and what not.
" Biting" And What You Can Do
How To Understand Guinea Pig Instincts And Speak Piggy Body Language

Is she on her own? A companion will help in any situation as they shouldn't be on their own :)

I have 5 piggies and never been bitten yet!

We have 2 GPs and our youngest has recently hit adolescence. She is now biting us. Our oldest is still "top pig". The youngest has bitten my fingers to blood a few times. This has happened when I am having lap time with the oldest and the youngest comes to visit as well. The oldest will rumblestrut. The youngest will then bite my finger and walk away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back