• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Normal Urine Color? (pictures Attached)

Is this normal?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Garrett Cronk

New Born Pup
Reaction score
I had my piggies out on a pee pad today while I cleaned their cage.. when I was done, I noticed one of them had peed a bright pink color. It dried the same color. Is this normal?

IMG_3949.JPG

IMG_3950.JPG

That looks like blood in the urine to me, definitely pop to a cavvy savvy vet to get that checked out.

It could be a urine infection or bladder stones that are the problem but either way, not something you can deal with yourself. I've had the same experience recently.

Hope piggies get better soon. Good luck! :)

Same as Cavy kung fu! Vet as soon as possible! ,

I also agree. It could be something they ate, but it's much better to be sure and this certainly looks like it is blood.

I saw a previous post which said that puppy pads sometimes turn this colour with Guinea pig wee, I'll try to find it. Any doubt though and I'd be at the vet.

The wee can trurn a reddish brown when it is in contact with the air, but it doesn't look like this.

I use puppy pads and it's normally a darker brown and not patchy. I don't have any photos to show as a comparison though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back