• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Outdoor Run Recommendations

HeatherW

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Seeing as the nice weather is drawing closer, I've started looking at outdoor runs for my piggies. Do you have any recommendations? Ideally it would fold down so it can be stored away, but I obviously don't want it to be flimsy. Thank you!

I have one like this. It may look flimsy but once it is up it is quite stable. I zipped clipped it together as the clips it came with were impossible to use. I also zipped clippped the doors up and left one bit of the roof open so that I can pick my piggies up easily to put them back in the hutch. It came with a rather pathetic sun shade so I use chucked that and use an old single duvet instead

Inpsired!.JPG

Hi, I bought this one last year. I like it because it has a covered end to offer the piggies some protection. Also I can fold the lid up and climb in to pick them up if they being tricky.
The actual run is sold as foldable but really you can only do this when the lid is not attached. So mine was up all summer and now it’s neatly folded up in shed waiting for the sun!

5C8C8035-5AC2-4623-8E20-93A8B46123B9.jpeg

We have this..
Outdoor Rabbit Run Cage Pen with Sun Protection Net Cover, 72-inch
These are what we have, they are semi permanent so are not easy to fold down after each use. After the grass munching season is over, they can be taken apart and flat packed :)

We were lucky enough to pick one up from the tip shop for £7 ;)

These are what we have, they are semi permanent so are not easy to fold down after each use. After the grass munching season is over, they can be taken apart and flat packed :)

We were lucky enough to pick one up from the tip shop for £7 ;)

Wow £7! What a bargain! We usually put up and fold it every day during spring and summer. Hubby doesn't like leaving stuff out in the open. But it's easy enough to fold. And during extremely hot weather (around 20+ C) we just cover the top with fleece blankets and put electric fans around it. Or for temp 25C+ we just bought an aircon so they can just be comfy inside the house and I would just cut the grass for them. I know spoiled monsters! :own:

IMG_20140701_144206.jpg

Wow £7! What a bargain! We usually put up and fold it every day during spring and summer. Hubby doesn't like leaving stuff out in the open. But it's easy enough to fold. And during extremely hot weather (around 20+ C) we just cover the top with fleece blankets and put electric fans around it. Or for temp 25C+ we just bought an aircon so they can just be comfy inside the house and I would just cut the grass for them. I know spoiled monsters! :own:

View attachment 82911
It’s probably easier when there two of you but kinda awkward when I’m doing it myself, I’ve had a few moments when the air has turned blue! :lol!:

The £7 one is slightly different to put together but looks the same as the others, but falls apart whenever we drag it across the lawn to fresh grass :doh: probably why it ended up at the tip shop! :)) Still predator proof once pegged down ;)

It’s probably easier when there two of you but kinda awkward when I’m doing it myself, I’ve had a few moments when the air has turned blue! :lol!:

The £7 one is slightly different to put together but looks the same as the others, but falls apart whenever we drag it across the lawn to fresh grass :doh: probably why it ended up at the tip shop! :)) Still predator proof once pegged down ;)

We used to have a wooden run but as time goes, the wood eventually became rotten and screws got loose and such. So it wasn't very safe, hence we bought the one above.

Reactions: Tim
Back