• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Partners rats from pets at home may be sick, advice needed.

Caramelchip18

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Just as the title says, if the rat is sick and he takes it back to pets at home will they help, check it themselves or what?

anybody have experience taking bought sick animals back to pets at home?

If you inform them they usually will cover vet bills if you use their in store vets.
Hope little rattie is ok.

If you inform them they usually will cover vet bills if you use their in store vets.
Thank you, they didn’t vet check these pair before they left the store (he has 4 and the pair he just got weren’t checked at the counter and are sneezing) so I’ve told him to go back into the store and say that he has bought two rats recently that we’re not vet checked before leaving the store and they’ve begun having respiratory problems.

I don’t have much experience with pets at home since my piggies are from breeders (the adoption centres had people fighting over them and I couldn’t be in that enviroment)

Do they have an in store vet who could look at the rats and help them? My local branch has a vet, and because they actually deal with the animals they sell, they're slightly better than a general dog and cat vet, if I can't travel to a good cavies vet. They should know something about the animals they sell.

Do they have an in store vet who could look at the rats and help them? My local branch has a vet, and because they actually deal with the animals they sell, they're slightly better than a general dog and cat vet, if I can't travel to a good cavies vet. They should know something about the animals they sell.
Yeah I think so

Some of the Vets4Pets surgeries linked to Pets@Home are very good, our regular vet is a Vets4Pets. The pet shop should offer you a voucher for a free health check for new animals I believe and cover the costs of any treatment. Just be wary if they want you to sign the animals back over to them for treatment- this happens more in the USA than the UK I believe- as then you might no longer legally own them or have any claim except for a refund. Dont want to alarm you but also I wouldnt want anyone to accidentally surrender and lose pets they care about by not reading the fine print legal stuff!

Back