• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess 😔

I give my boys a urinary biscuit every day and Chez doesn't get pellets. Stripe gets ten pellets.

I don't know if the urinary biscuits help or not, but they have dandelion in them and cranberry among other things.

They get some forage daily and either basil or parsley three times a week.

You don't want to cut calcium altogether.

I don't think Patrick's stone is from diet, but maybe you could try this regimen?

My boys are young so hard to say if this diet is working. They are 2.5.

Some piggies, as you know, are just prone to these things.
 
I give my boys a urinary biscuit every day and Chez doesn't get pellets. Stripe gets ten pellets.

I don't know if the urinary biscuits help or not, but they have dandelion in them and cranberry among other things.

They get some forage daily and either basil or parsley three times a week.

You don't want to cut calcium altogether.

I don't think Patrick's stone is from diet, but maybe you could try this regimen?

My boys are young so hard to say if this diet is working. They are 2.5.

Some piggies, as you know, are just prone to these things.
Truffle has made it very clear, no cucumber no cuddles 🥰
 
I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I know you were grappling with guilt and it is NOT your fault. I just am saying what I do and of course I don't know if my boys will develop stones it's a bit early to tell but I am praying I have hit a sweet spot where they don't.
 
I hope you don't take that the wrong way. I know you were grappling with guilt and it is NOT your fault. I just am saying what I do and of course I don't know if my boys will develop stones it's a bit early to tell but I am praying I have hit a sweet spot where they don't.
It’s always good to hear what others do. 😘

She said he will be on potassium citrate for life now anyway. That helps to lower the PH of their urine.
 
When Joey had a stone, my vet told me to give him RodiCare® uro after the removal. Sadly I didn't have a chance to try this, but it opened my eyes for other Alfavet products and they are great.
Now Patrick has his meds, so I dont know if Alfavet is just "cake on cake" as we say in Sweden?, but its always worth to tell about. Can strongly recommend their AKUT for tummies!

Thinking of papa Patrick today! Harry is eating alot of cucumber for Patrick.
 
When Joey had a stone, my vet told me to give him RodiCare® uro after the removal. Sadly I didn't have a chance to try this, but it opened my eyes for other Alfavet products and they are great.
Now Patrick has his meds, so I dont know if Alfavet is just "cake on cake" as we say in Sweden?, but its always worth to tell about. Can strongly recommend their AKUT for tummies!

Thinking of papa Patrick today! Harry is eating alot of cucumber for Patrick.
Thanks for that. I’ll take a look and see.

Thank you Harry 🥒
 
Sorry just catching up, hope you're managing to stay as busy and occupied as you can, it feels like forever waiting doesn't it 💐
 
Keeping all fingers crossed for your lovely boy!

I'm not sure if Rodicare uro is available in the UK but I can recommend it. At least for chronic cystitis it works very well.
Its not available in any Swedish shops either, I usually order my Alfavet products from Amazon and they are shipped from Germany. But maybe its not as easy because of Brexit?

Luckily you have friends the whole Europe, @weepweeps. I think we are a bunch that can help you out if you want to try it and cant order it from UK!
 
Its not available in any Swedish shops either, I usually order my Alfavet products from Amazon and they are shipped from Germany. But maybe its not as easy because of Brexit?

Luckily you have friends the whole Europe, @weepweeps. I think we are a bunch that can help you out if you want to try it and cant order it from UK!
Thank you that’s so kind. ❤️
I’ll take a look.
 
It’s all done and gone to plan. No complications and he’s eating pepper. I can collect him at 5.45 ❤️

She has squeezed out most of the gunk from his back cyst. He has antibiotic cream for me to squeeze in there. Hopefully this will either not fill back up or it will. But it will give us a bit of time before he needs another operation.

She found another 1cm lump under his chin! She stuck a needle in it and pus came out. So he has an abscess. He will have oral antibiotics for that. It’s not his lymph node.

He has cisaprid gut stimulant.

He has more loxicom.

He’s also on paracetamol.

I will get the potassium citrate.

He had fluids and they might give him another opioid painkiller to go home with.

Bless him. What a little soldier 💙
 
Great news! 🤩
Sending hugs and healing vibes your way!

If you should be interested in Rodicare uro, let me know. @Merab will be able to take some to the UK with her for sure or I can bring some in November.
Thank you 🤩
I didn’t mention it as there was so much to take in. He will have a day 3 check up. I’ll definitely mention it then. 😘
 
Back
Top