• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Patrick has a lump and a bladder stone and an abscess 😔

So we’ve had the 10 day check up (at day 12).

Back cyst is looking good and not filling up yet.
Weight and appetite are good (but cisapride has now run out so I’ll keep my eye on it)
Teeth are straight.
Neck abscess is a little bit smaller.
Surgery scar has a little infection starting. So 10 more days of antibiotics and also iodine to bathe it with.
Another vet appointment in 7 days.

So pretty happy with all that

@Merab and @Viennese Furbabies i didn’t mention the Rodicare Uro as I didn’t see the exotic vet. I wasn’t happy about being moved to another vet.

I will talk to her about it at his next appointment.

He’s on potassium citrate for now. I also didn’t ask about Pinky going on it as a precaution.
So you're next appointement is on the 29th?
I'm only asking because I have to pre-order the drops. They are usually not in stock at the pharmacy.
 
Patrick had a check up today. She was very pleased with him. His back cyst is not filling back up. His surgery site seems to have settled down. No sign of infection anymore.

But …. The abscess under his chin is still there and about the same size as it was. So the antibiotics haven’t worked in clearing that up.

She said it’s not attached to lymph nodes and is in an odd position for it to be a normal tooth abscess. She said it’s probably not his thyroid as he isn’t showing symptoms of a problem there. So it’s unclear of the cause.

She said she will need to open it up and hopefully pop the whole abscess out intact. So another operation for Patrick. 😢

She said we can wait a couple of weeks as he’s doing well but we want to give him a break between operations. I’ll be keeping a very close eye on its size and his weight.




With regards his bladder stone, he will be on potassium citrate for life now and she said it’s ok to give it to Pinky too as a preventative measure. So that’s good news.

IMG_6687.webp



I asked about these urinary “biscuits”. She said yes they are good to use too.

IMG_6686.webp



I asked about the Rodicare Uro and she said she will look into it as she has not heard of that before. She took a photo and she was going to ask a friend who is a vet in Europe.

So @Viennese Furbabies and @Merab I’ll leave that for now. But thank you so much in offering to get me some ❤️
 
I'm sorry Patrick needs another operation. Peanut had an abscess in his neck which was removed whole, it was removed by the vet who has just operated on Duck. Peanut also had a couple of smaller abscesses (pimples!) on his face over the years. The vet thought if they aren't tooth related they may come about in the neck, chest and face area if they are poked by hay, Peanut did love to dive into the hay!
 
How much potassium citrate do you give your piggies? Do they get it on food?
Patrick is 1.3kg as has been prescribed 0.13ml twice a day.

Pinky had his first dose today. He was prescribed 0.05ml and it was based on him being 500g. Twice a day. He will need his dose changed as he grows.

It does depend on the strength of the product as well. I’ve got the one in the above photo.
 
Patrick is 1.3kg as has been prescribed 0.13ml twice a day.

Pinky had his first dose today. He was prescribed 0.05ml and it was based on him being 500g. Twice a day. He will need his dose changed as he grows.

It does depend on the strength of the product as well. I’ve got the one in the above photo.
 
Patrick is 1.3kg as has been prescribed 0.13ml twice a day.

Pinky had his first dose today. He was prescribed 0.05ml and it was based on him being 500g. Twice a day. He will need his dose changed as he grows.

It does depend on the strength of the product as well. I’ve got the one in the above photo.
Thank you, I'll make a note of this in my piggy book 🙏🐾♥️
 
Back
Top