Roselina
Forum Donator 2026/27
Hopefully you had a better nights sleep
How is lovely Pebble this am
How is lovely Pebble this am
I used F10 barrier cream and CLX wipes when WinifredI got up at 2am to give him a feed. He took it ok.
The positives are he’s not lost any weight overnight, he’s eating the syringe feed ok, and wanted a tiny bit of veg and ate two tiny pieces of hay I handed to him.
The negatives are he stinks of pee and his feet are getting red and he’s not eating hay yet.
So I think he’s doing ok.
I’m just going to clean them out. The hay is not particularly dirty/wet. I really don’t want to end up with bumble foot to sort out too.
Does anyone know what barrier cream I could use? I do have gorgeous guineas foot balm. But I know I have to not get his feet too soft.
Also maybe he has a UTI now from the stress.
ThanksI used F10 barrier cream and CLX wipes when Winifredgot bumblefoot. I think later on I was also prescribed Flamazine cream.
https://www.theguineapigforum.co.uk/threads/is-this-bumblefoot.201210/
Maybe wait a couple of days to let Pebble stress down first, but after a GA I always let my boys soak for awhile in water with epsomsalt. I dont know how they can get so stinky and dirrty, but epsom is good for both skin and feets and soaks the yucky away (and Harry says he can see his own reflection in Kongos furr. Its like Kongos butt is a big mirror!)Not sure if I can feel a pea size round lump next to Pebbles grease gland now. I’ll give it a clean with coconut oil at his next feed to make sure it’s not the actual gland itself.![]()
Thanks for that. I’ll definitely do that. He really pongs. But I don’t want to stress him yet.Maybe wait a couple of days to let Pebble stress down first, but after a GA I always let my boys soak for awhile in water with epsomsalt. I dont know how they can get so stinky and dirrty, but epsom is good for both skin and feets and soaks the yucky away (and Harry says he can see his own reflection in Kongos furr. Its like Kongos butt is a big mirror!)
I was having that thought this evening too! He’s really not used to grass and even in the summer I don’t tend to give them much. I could try a bit though. The vet nurse said try a bit dried plantain too. So I’m by the pet shop tomorrow so I’ll pop in and see what they might have to tempt him with.I know it's difficult this time of year but would he eat a bit of grass obviously not too much though if he's not used to it x
Dried dandelion is a good treat ….my two boys love itI was having that thought this evening too! He’s really not used to grass and even in the summer I don’t tend to give them much. I could try a bit though. The vet nurse said try a bit dried plantain too. So I’m by the pet shop tomorrow so I’ll pop in and see what they might have to tempt him with.
Thanks.Dried dandelion is a good treat ….my two boys love it
Thank you. Yes I was hoping it would be a quick fix. At least he’s eating a small portion of veggies on his own.Hang in there. These days are dreadful and you always read about those pigs that just walked right towards the haypile and start munching still high. Some pigs do, some pigs dont. None of mine has. Now my boys tends to be specials and nutcases, but the whole experience from loosing the ability too eat, maybe pain and all the vet visits and that GA can be very stressful and they can need some time to win their confidence back. My dentistvet always says two weeks to fully know, but you will se Pebble nibble and eat some straws during these weeks. You will just know.
Kongo says go Pebbles, enjoy your critical care. My favorite is anise mixed with soaked pellets and some pressed cucumber. Very good! Tips for your slave to make food more interesting: mix cc with watery greens or fresh Apple. Joe got a bit of basil every third syringe and oh what a surprise slave gave a hay!
Morning, does he have a follow up appointment booked?Thank you. Yes I was hoping it would be a quick fix. At least he’s eating a small portion of veggies on his own.
He’s still making the funny mouth movements like foods getting stuck. Did your dental piggies do this too.