• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Penis portruding?

aaa90

New Born Pup
Reaction score
My male guinea pig seems to have his penis stuck outside of his body. I've tried recommendations like cold packs, cleaning it out and massaging it back in but it just pops back out. It looks red and swollen, I'm not sure what else to do.

Attachments

• 538F3090-621F-471C-AA32-65495A7F63CD.jpeg
    538F3090-621F-471C-AA32-65495A7F63CD.jpeg
    77 KB · Views: 27
:agr:Please please get him seen (urgently) as soon as possible. That’s more than his penis that’s hanging out. Let us know how you get on.

Hi!

You need to have this seen as quickly as possible as an emergency. It is very possible that a semen rod is blocking the penis shaft and has likely caused an infection in the shaft. This is as badly swollen and distended as I have ever seen a penis shaft. Your boy must be in agony.
Boar Care: Bits, Bums & Baths

Thank you for your comments! I did take him to the vet, they said it seems to be a hernia that's in his stomach and not letting him get it back in.

Anything the vets are doing about it?

Back