Personalities, Breeds And Colourations Of Peoples Piggies!

Little Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So I just wanted to talk about our piggies and have a chat :roll: What's the name of your piggies? how old are they? what breed are they? what colouration are they? what are they like personality wise?

So, one of piggies Ollie - bless his little soul - is a right charmer and peoples person but unfortunately snaps at every piggie he meets :(
He turned 1 at the end of august last month and is a beautiful american dalmatian! I take Ollie outside nearly every day to a nearby greenery which Ollie LOVES! Every time a person walks by he runs up to them and puts his front paws on their shoes :lol:. And despite him not being a baby anymore he still popcorns everywhere and loves to jump up on peoples laps and will happily clear his afternoon schedule to relax and get affection! I never force him to sit on my lap and try to get him to follow me instead of picking him up to make him feel comfortable around me.
upload_2017-9-15_22-17-26.png
I look forward to hearing about every one else's piggies :love:

Kallasia

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two piggies are Binky and Errol :) Binky is an Aby and Peruvian cross and Errol is a short hair piggie.
Binky is mostly cream but has a few pale orange streaks. Errol is almost all black except his ginger "go-faster" stripe and a white splodge on his nose!

IMG_20170520_095736.jpg
IMG_20170821_161552-01.jpeg

IMG_20170903_175854.jpg

Binky is a right numpty. We think he's about 4 years. He's got a lung condition and is going blind. He's food-oriented and if he smells parsley on you he'll come running so you've got to put your hand out or he runs into the barrier!

Errol is much smarter and enjoys zooming around the room. He's mischievous and will nibble anything new he can get to - he loves exploring! He's usually the boss and tells Binky what to do, except when it's time for a vets appointment when he snuggles right up to Binky for moral support!

*kate*

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
10409717_10153365081543272_1188032700241349752_n.jpg

Hettie is approximately 4 years old and is a Rex/Rex cross. She is ginger with a lilac undercoat.

She is very, very laid back and gentle. She is the boss though!

19990391_445154989217204_5478573512072103370_n.jpg

Colin is approximately 3 years old, he has Rex in him as he has curly whiskers. He is black, ginger and brown, like 3 separate piggies joined together!

He too is a gentle piggie but very, very vocal! He moans and rumbles and struts about but Hettie just ignores his noise!

He grooms Hettie but she never returns the favour!

He popcorns constantly too!

Kallasia

Teenage Guinea Pig
Reaction score
View attachment 70898

Hettie is approximately 4 years old and is a Rex/Rex cross. She is ginger with a lilac undercoat.

View attachment 70899

Colin is approximately 3 years old, he has Rex in him as he has curly whiskers. He is black, ginger and brown, like 3 separate piggies joined together!

He too is a gentle piggie but very, very vocal! He moans and rumbles and struts about but Hettie just ignores his noise!

Colin has a fantastic hair-do!

Little Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My two piggies are Binky and Errol :) Binky is an Aby and Peruvian cross and Errol is a short hair piggie.
Binky is mostly cream but has a few pale orange streaks. Errol is almost all black except his ginger "go-faster" stripe and a white splodge on his nose!

View attachment 70895
View attachment 70896

View attachment 70897

Binky is a right numpty. We think he's about 4 years. He's got a lung condition and is going blind. He's food-oriented and if he smells parsley on you he'll come running so you've got to put your hand out or he runs into the barrier!

Errol is much smarter and enjoys zooming around the room. He's mischievous and will nibble anything new he can get to - he loves exploring! He's usually the boss and tells Binky what to do, except when it's time for a vets appointment when he snuggles right up to Binky for moral support!
Ahh Binky and Errol sound so lovely! I'm sorry to hear about about Binky's lung condition, I hope he gets better :)

Little Pigs

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
View attachment 70898

View attachment 70899

I am loving Colin's hairdo :lol:

Eriathwen

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Well from oldest to youngest we've got Bramble who is a Texel, shes white, ginger and black. Personality wise.. shes a bit all over the place haha she can be the sweetest little monkey ever, other times shes a bitey, grumpy little lump. She does have neurological damage and can only see on her right side so she does get a bit disorientated at times, so I suppose its only natural shes occasionally grumpy!
20170901_174156.jpg

Then we've got Leonard, his breed is dark eyed cream...so as youd expect, hes a cream colour! Hes basically a beanbag with eyes. The most docile pig ive ever met, he'll create a fuss if you stop scratching his ears but you have to stop because once you start he popcorns off around the cage so... you dont get much choice! When hes not popcirning he will sploot right out with his legs behind him so you can stroke him. Lovely little sausage.
20170913_215240-1.jpg

Then we've got his sister, Shelly. Shes also a dark eyed cream. Shes a little more fiesty, but still a very sweet pig. Loves a chin scratch but not too fussed about being touched anywhere else. Shes the loudest and most eager for food...so to avoid noise complaints from the neighbours she gets fed first!
20170913_215506-1.jpg

Then Ivory, shes a pink eyed white. Quite a confident little pig but still not allowing fusses while shes in the cage, shes perfectly chilled once you get her out though! Knows where her food comes from and has a very cute habit of getting up on her back legs to see where youve gone if you move away from her cage while youve still got the veggie bowl. She lives with Shelly and they get on really well, theyve recently started sharing bowls of food quite happily. Shes a very quiet pig, doesnt talk much, even for food...pribably inows Shelly will just drown her out anyway haha
20170913_215657-1.jpg

And lastly, we have Ebony who is a self black. While shes meant to be all the sane colour (self) she has a red back foot and 2 tiny patches of red hairs on her back and neck. Shes competing with Shelly for the title of loudest pig! She is living with Bramble and is starting to push her boundries to see if she can be top pig, but Bramble is pretty dominant in spite of her issues...I went up last night and caught Bramble riding around on poor Ebonys back! I dont think theyve got the hang of dominance hunping but whatever the heckk that was seems to have done the trick as theyre much calner today haha She likes a nose tickle while in the cage, loves having a snuggle out of the cage...but doesnt understand the concept of floor time at all. Her ears make the best flappy noise when she shakes her head, never fails to make me laugh! Her and Ivory are still babies but theyre growing really well and settled in with their new friends.
received_10209969672659231.jpeg

So yeah...thats everyone. A nice mixed bunch of lovely little furtatoes. Wouldnt be without any of them! A few more pictures just because...lol
received_10209969664819035.jpeg

received_10209969671139193.jpeg

received_10209969649178644.jpeg

Wigwig

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Dunno what breed Archie is, but he is all white apart from his black ears, patch of fur and a tiny ginger patch of fur. Oh and he has a black patch of fur on his butt like a tail. He is 4 or 5 years old? I forgot which.
Archie is very friendly, like a tiny dog. He is very cheeky, very active and muscular, he is a very good weight but its all muscle! He loves going outside, he gets savage if hes kept indoors all day. His favorite food is grass. He is very intelligent and he likes to make me laugh.
Archie loves me, he loves to snuggle under my blanket at the moment and go to sleep pressed against my leg. When he wakes up, he kisses my toes and makes me laugh. His favorite thing to do is hang out with me.
He likes to bite too, if anyone does anything he vaguely disagrees with, he will leap at you snapping.
His favorite noise to make is rumble strutt purring and he loves rubbing his balls on everything as well.

21433263_684602991730093_7639726723116456497_n.jpg

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
This is Comet. He's a tricolour smooth, around 13 months old. He's also an absolute clown, if there's any trouble starting, it's usually because he's started it. He loves his zoomies and making his own circuits, and woe betide you if you get in the way of setting up or running those circuits. He's the boss, but he's very laid back, doesn't really care, and very, very nosy. He's the first to be fed all the time mostly because he's the first to work out it's dinner time, not because he's the boss. He changes his mind about what he likes to eat on a daily basis (thanks, buddy), and if I'm going to introduce a pig to anyone, it's going to be him, because he won't scare off the visitors.

Comet2.jpg

Lorcan

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
This is a rare photo of Blitzen (tricolour sheltie) because he usually refuses to come out of hiding for anything except food. I didn't have any food at the time, dunno what got his attention that day. He doesn't like people, refuses to allow himself to be groomed, and has a temper worthy of a 3 year old. He's around the same age as Comet and the two of them somehow get along really well. Mind you he's come a long way from throwing veggies at me in an attempt to get me to stop grooming him and put him down. Baby steps, always, lol. That said he's not vicious, just not scared of letting you know you're annoying/upsetting him. He's also the more vocal one, for some reason. He doesn't do zoomies, but he loves popcorning and he looks like he's at a heavy metal concert moshing every time he does it. He's a great pig.

Edit: I should mention, they both hate pop music and prefer blues and rock music. I don't even know how that happened.
Blitzen.jpg

Last edited:

beckyb

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
This is Ernie. He was rescued with a friend but unfortunately his friend attacked him so has to be separated. Ernie is going to be castrated poor thing but in return he is going to get a girlfriend. ❤❤❤
Not sure what breed he is, but I just love him. I was told he was one year old but not sure how true that is. He's very chunky and cuddly and does not really make many piggie noises. I'm hoping that will change when he gets his girlfriend. x

IMG_4561.JPG

Jesse's pigs

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I have loads of pictures I wanted to upload of my boys but I've limited myself to 2 each lol. God you guys would be forever scrolling if I let myself get to carried away.

Anyway, the image below shows my first ever guinea pig- a sow- called Vinnie The Guinea. She got me hooked on guinea pigs but is sadly no longer with me anymore- was taken far too quickly. She had just turned 3 when she was pts. She was a rex cross and a lovely blue/silver colour with lighter spots in places. Personality wise she was very very confident and it took only a week for her to be totally relaxed with me. She was a sassy pig and liked to demand. If you were in her vicinity she would wheek and chew the bars so you paid her attention- I mean how could you not?

This is Mo my second ever guinea pig and my first boar. So called Mo after the mohawk like hair style he has going on. Mo is an agouti/abyssian/ridgeback mix and will be 2 years old this January. He uses to be a darker brown colour but as he aged he's become lighter and has a lovely ginger stripe. He is like Vinnie in so many ways and yet so different. Like her, he is a rather big guinea pig with a huge appetite and sass. He also likes to chew on the bars and demand- often telling me when I should refill his pellets or clean him out. He loves his tubes and will happily amuse himself with them either by eating them,running through them or just chucking them about the cage. He does seem to prefer rumbling as opposed to wheeking and is quite dopey. He's also always ALWAYS pouting.

Then there is my third (and final piggy at the minute) Steve. Steve is a mostly white crested boar with a single light brown patch around his right eye. He will be 1 next year and is currently going through his hormone stage. Personality wise he's both mental and laid back. He is laid back in the sense that 98% of the time he let's Mo mount him etc without any bother. And mental I'm the sense he is spending 98% of his time popcorning or running zoomies. He loves to wheek which is nice because I love that sound and prefer it to bar chewing lol. He does chew the bars but not as vigorously as Mo and almost gently nibbles them. The annoying thing is he does dig under the fleece and use the tubes as toilets.

Screenshot_2017-09-16-20-53-00-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-20-53-21-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-20-52-47-1.png

Screenshot_2017-09-16-20-52-38-1.png

received_1858094617735754.jpeg

NatalieGee

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Corduroy (named for his likeness to Corduroy Bear) is an all brown (agouti?) male around 10 months old. Not too sure of breed, but he has "regular" short, soft piggy hair. He's the more dominant and more confident of my two boars, always dragging his bits around and occasionally rumbling at his brother. He's obsessed with food and hasn't met a veggie he doesn't like, but particularly enjoys cilantro, carrots and grass.

Sylvester is black and white, around 8 months old, and I believe he is mostly Aby. He's my talkative "crybaby" who squeals any time he hears a bag crinkle, demanding food, and any time he can't see his brother for even a second. During floor time, he follows Corduroy around and only briefly ventures off to explore on his own, then starts crying out to Corduroy again the second he realizes he can't see him. Sylvester very much hates being held or petted, but will sit nicely on my lap until the snacks are gone. Corduroy likes pets, or at least tolerates them and is a really easy-going boy about baths and medicine too.

They love each other :love:

20170905_160804.jpg

20170708_182459.jpg

Screenshot_20170615-160832.png

Reenie

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Loving this thread! Great to see everyone's piggies and hear what they're like. And a great chance to wax lyrical with no guilt! Soooo here are my guys. Groucho and Chicco are from the same litter, and Little Dude is from the same herd, but a few weeks younger. I think he's a cousin or a half brother. I got them from the SSPCA, and they are cresteds. They're still quite young boys - the older ones are about 6 months and Little Dude is about 5 months.
First is Chicco. He's my rumblestrutting boy. He hardly ever just walks. He struts his way around trying to chin off with the other two. He's very bossy with Groucho, and often chases him. He's the calmest to hold, and, the most photogenic because he's got a light coloured face.

Then there's Little Dude. He started life as Harpo, but I kept calling him Little Dude because he was so much smaller than the other two - and it stuck. What can I say about him that hasn't been said by people who should know better? He's a nutter. He's the boldest and always first up to the cage or jumping up on my knee for food, but really, really, really difficult to catch - even on my knee! I think he's the boss (could be Chicco, I keep changing my mind). He pretty much ignores Chicco's antics - even when he's putting his head across his back. Little Dude is also the popcorning king, and the most likely to do zoomies. They all popcorn and do zoomies, but Little Dude is the highest, twitchiest, fastest - you're getting it. Oh - and he likes to 'communicate' with his teeth! Just gentle nibbles though.

Then we have Groucho, so called because of the eyebrows. He's Chicco's twin, and I named him from the pics on the SSPCA website before I got him. He's the biggest, but is bottom piggy. He's the easiest to catch, and is happy sitting on my knee...then he jumps off and pees on the couch - every time. He's the most laid back of the three.

So there they are. Three very different boys, but I love them equally.

DSC_0239.JPG DSC_0231.JPG
DSC_0234.JPG

DSC_0242.JPG

piggieminder

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
IMG_5994.JPG
Spike aby. Hates cuddles, loves grass time in the run and tormenting Willow at floor time by going up to his cage and just standing there. Willow goes frantic biting the bars trying to get to Spike so I have to block of the side of the cage with a spare correx off cut when Spike and Peanut get floor time. Loves Peanut and burrowing in the hay box.
IMG_5999.JPG
Peanut Lemon Agouti, still a bit damp from a bum bath. Very shy of humans, likes to put Spike in his place, loves grass time but hates floor time and stays in a hidey 'til it's time to go home.
IMG_1428.JPG
Willow or the mad mop a Texel (I think). Totally bonkers, loves floor time will explore for hours, hates being brushed (no time to sit still), chatters constantly. His main hobby at the moment is humping Bracken.
IMG_4709.JPG
Bracken or Mr Fluffy Bum, abyruvian, a quiet piggy with a loud squeal when being picked up. Hates cuddles and being brushed, loves grass time and getting one over on Willow. He loves to explore at floor time and grumbles at Willow if he gets in the way.