Oinkpiggies
Junior Guinea Pig
My piggy Bear was diagnosed with lymphoma a month ago. He hadn’t had his nails trimmed since last month, so i tried to trim them. Made it as stress free as possible. Lettuce, talking to him quietly, petting, supporting his body so his swollen areas wouldn’t be touched. He still got stressed out, shivering and making annoyed noises. I couldn’t even get one nail. I’m having anxiety about this because i know he needs his nails trimmed but he will not let me do it and i don’t want to stress him out so much that something bad happens. Just not sure what to do. The same thing also happened with a butt bath because he peed all over himself. Seemed like he couldn’t handle it. I only hold him horizontally so his body is supported by my arm, and his swollen areas aren’t touched. He does let me give him his medicine when i hold him like that thankfully. I’m afraid now to give him his medicine tonight because i have to pick him up again