• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pinky has a poorly eye

Dear @weepweeps

I have heard how dedicated you are being to Pinky and his poorly eye. Did you really get up every 2 hours last night to put eye drops in? If so that is to be applauded. I have decided that you are now of my Blacklist and will inform GPU HQ tomorrow. The Cup of Disgrace will also be passed on tomorrow to a Hooman who has misbehaved.

I hope Pinky's eye doesn't need to be removed as that sounds painful and I believe that the after care is thoroughly unpleasant for both you and PInky.

Your Piggie's helpful friend

Sir Saxon Canute
Shop Steward

PS This was so important for me to say that I nipped back to the office after hours.
 
Dear @weepweeps

I have heard how dedicated you are being to Pinky and his poorly eye. Did you really get up every 2 hours last night to put eye drops in? If so that is to be applauded. I have decided that you are now of my Blacklist and will inform GPU HQ tomorrow. The Cup of Disgrace will also be passed on tomorrow to a Hooman who has misbehaved.

I hope Pinky's eye doesn't need to be removed as that sounds painful and I believe that the after care is thoroughly unpleasant for both you and PInky.

Your Piggie's helpful friend

Sir Saxon Canute
Shop Steward

PS This was so important for me to say that I nipped back to the office after hours.
This was my alarm schedule last night.

IMG_5717.webp

Thank you Sir Saxon Canute. You are a fair union representative. I’ll have to give it a quick Polish. I wonder who it’s going to be passed on to …….

I’ve just done his eye drops and ABs. I have some new eye lubricant that lasts 6 hours. So I will get up once this evening at midnight to pop them in and he should be fine until morning 🤞🏻
 
Thank you Sir Saxon Canute. You are a fair union representative. I’ll have to give it a quick Polish. I wonder who it’s going to be passed on to …….

Dear @weepweeps

I do notice when Hoomans go the extra mile for their piggie overlords. That alarm schedule is punishing. Thank you for finding the time to give the Cup of Disgrace a polish. I know who its going to be passed to. You will find out tomorrow morning.

Your piggie's helpful friend

Sir Saxon Canute
Shop Steward
 
I thought Pinky’s poorly eye was looking better
I really hope so
Love and healing vibes to a ✨piggy and a✨piggy mumma
( lovely that you’re off the blacklist and the cup of disgrace is being passed on ….hope it’s not me 🤭)
I hope not.
 
His eye really does look better. I have everything crossed for him. Just from photo's I can tell he is a darling with a lovely character. I'm sorry you and Pinky got such a raw deal so early on in your relationship but I'm sure he knows you are helping him and all the extra handling and lost sleep is building a very close bond between you. Although it's not the way any of us would choose to build a bond.
 
Sorry to hear that Pinky’s still got a poorly eye.
You are doing a superb job. Hope Pinky continues to be brave while he heals.
Lots of healing vibes coming his way. 🩵
 
I truly believe if I hadn’t put the lubricant in every 2 hours that first night he would definitely have lost the eye.

Hopefully we’ve saved the eye. Not sure about his sight yet. 🤞🏻
 
I truly believe if I hadn’t put the lubricant in every 2 hours that first night he would definitely have lost the eye.

Hopefully we’ve saved the eye. Not sure about his sight yet. 🤞🏻
Sounds positive about saving the eye.
Merab was blind for the last years of her life.
It didn’t cause her any problems or stop her enjoying life.
Should Pinky lose the sight in the poorly eye he will cope
 
Now it looks like Pinky is on the right meds for his eye, but when my RB-Bob had a very nasty eye infection after some hard grooming from RB-Joe the poo-mouth we managed to save his eye with Prednisolon, eyesdrops named Isopto-Maxidex and eyelube. If the current meds stops work, a tip to maybe diiscuss with your vet?

I'm happy it looks like it's going the right way for Pinky. That eye looks terrible. Poor Pinkieboy 🥰
 
Now it looks like Pinky is on the right meds for his eye, but when my RB-Bob had a very nasty eye infection after some hard grooming from RB-Joe the poo-mouth we managed to save his eye with Prednisolon, eyesdrops named Isopto-Maxidex and eyelube. If the current meds stops work, a tip to maybe diiscuss with your vet?

I'm happy it looks like it's going the right way for Pinky. That eye looks terrible. Poor Pinkieboy 🥰
Thank you so much for the tip. I think that is the next cream we are going to use. Is it a steroid? We have to wait for the ulcer to heal before we can use them as if there’s still an ulcer apparently they do more harm than good. But I’ll definitely mention that type to the vet on Saturday. 🥰
 
Photo update. Thursday evening

IMG_5744.webp



He’s stopped eating pea flakes. Hmmmm. I hope it’s not a dental issue. There was talk that it could be. But he was eating fine then. I’ll weigh him in the morning and see what his weight is doing.
 
Thank you so much for the tip. I think that is the next cream we are going to use. Is it a steroid? We have to wait for the ulcer to heal before we can use them as if there’s still an ulcer apparently they do more harm than good. But I’ll definitely mention that type to the vet on Saturday. 🥰
Yes, this was three or four years ago and then it was not recommended for guinea pigs, but that vet was very open with that and with thats what she with all her knowledge really believed was the right treatment for Bobs eyes. It was and I'm very grateful she was ready to go outside the typical protocol and try something else. I dont have any pictures of this phone, but his eye was like third the normal size, red and looked so hurtful. Joe the poo-mouth didn't get any basil for two weeks!
 
Yes, this was three or four years ago and then it was not recommended for guinea pigs, but that vet was very open with that and with thats what she with all her knowledge really believed was the right treatment for Bobs eyes. It was and I'm very grateful she was ready to go outside the typical protocol and try something else. I dont have any pictures of this phone, but his eye was like third the normal size, red and looked so hurtful. Joe the poo-mouth didn't get any basil for two weeks!
Thank you. ❤️

Poor Bob and poor Joe!
 
Back
Top