• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Pinky has a poorly eye

Vet appointment went ok. Just a quick check up. She said the same thing that there isn’t a massive ulcer. So we are not sure it was a hay poke.

She was a locum and did say to me I’m not used to looking in guinea pigs eyes. She did at least give me dog loxicom twice a day.

I’m in with the exotics vet again on Wednesday.
 
Saturday evening

View attachment 286803


The eyeball is blue at the top, has a white bit through the middle and is red at the bottom.

He’s happy in himself though. 😀

Because the eye is clear, you see the healing process in action - including any cloudiness from healing tissue and temporary blood vessels that bring extra oxygen to any injured area.

Just keep sticking at it.
 
It looks loads better. I once watched a Los Angeles guinea pig rescue video about a boy with an ulcerated eye who fully recovered even though it looked like he would definitely lose it. Their powers of recovery can be amazing.
 
It looks loads better. I once watched a Los Angeles guinea pig rescue video about a boy with an ulcerated eye who fully recovered even though it looked like he would definitely lose it. Their powers of recovery can be amazing.
It’s definitely looking a lot better. He’s back to his cheeky self again too. Wheeking for veggies and zooming around the cage.

He’s still getting lots of meds and lubrication. Hopefully I can start to reduce it after seeing the vet on Wednesday 🤞🏻
 
Back
Top