• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

littlewinng

New Born Pup
Reaction score
How can you tell if your guinea pig has a respiratory infection?

My boy has some yellow/green dried up snot on his left nostril (never the right one). He also has a cut under his left nostril by his lip that looks a bit swollen, I’m not sure how it happened but it appeared yesterday morning. I’ll hear him sneeze occasionally but only when he’s eating fast. (If you zoom in on the picture you can see the snot)

He still has quite an appetite and plenty of energy.

I’m just wondering if the discharge might be from his cut and swollen lip or if it’s something else that could be serious.3E6463A7-BB82-472E-822E-0D15DE25391E.jpeg

I would get to a vet asap , if it is a uri then your pig will have a head start at recovering. ( they cant without antibiotics themselfes)

Make sure you find a guinea pig knowledgeable vet. If possible👍

Back