• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Post eye removal swelling

Grant98765

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, so hello! My little man Herbie had to have an eye removed about three weeks ago, which went well. Since then, the no-eye side of his head and jaw have swollen up a good bit. It doesn’t seem to be hurting him, and it doesn’t hurt him when I touch it, but it still worries me...it’s fairly large amount of swelling, and I don’t want it to get worse or interfere with his eating. I’m still giving him critical care occasionally, and keeping his diet high in vitamin C...lots of kale and parsley! So he seems to be eating ok. He seems to be in a good mood and mostly back to his old self! I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this sort of thing, or could reassure me that the swelling will go down. He’s still on an antibiotic and a daily pain reliever/ antibiotic (metacam). Thanks everyone, let me know!

Hello everyone!

This is my first post here, so hello! My little man Herbie had to have an eye removed about three weeks ago, which went well. Since then, the no-eye side of his head and jaw have swollen up a good bit. It doesn’t seem to be hurting him, and it doesn’t hurt him when I touch it, but it still worries me...it’s fairly large amount of swelling, and I don’t want it to get worse or interfere with his eating. I’m still giving him critical care occasionally, and keeping his diet high in vitamin C...lots of kale and parsley! So he seems to be eating ok. He seems to be in a good mood and mostly back to his old self! I was wondering if anyone else has experience with this sort of thing, or could reassure me that the swelling will go down. He’s still on an antibiotic and a daily pain reliever/ antibiotic (metacam). Thanks everyone, let me know!

Please see your vet ASAP! Any post-op swelling needs to be vet checked very promplty. It can just be a build up of fluid or blood but it can also be caused by infection or an abscess.
Tips For Post-operative Care

Back