• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Preferred brands and stores UK

LothianCavies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello,

My three boys are doing very nicely so far and we have made them a rather large indoor enclosure in the hope we can avoid a fallout during their upcoming tricky months. Now I am hoping for advise and recommendations from uk piggie owners. Which food brands do you recommend? Is there an online store you really rate as we only have pets at home near and there is a limited aisle for small pets. Finally, any tips for boredom toys they actually enjoy? Homemade suggestions welcome!

Ps my wee white chap, flash, is looking dirty but he's still getting used to us - do I just go for it and bath him?

Many thanks in advance!

Hi there.

My piggies enjoy Harringtons Guinea pig pellets which I buy from Wilkos or my local pet shop but other members will have other ideas.

Empty cardboard toilet roll tubes (with a slit cut down the middle to prevent piggy from getting his head stuck) filled with hay always goes down well with mine as do paper bags with the handles cut off filled with hay.

You could try giving your boy a gentle bum bath if you don't want to give him a full bath

Food wise, I feed Versle Laga Cavia Complete and buy it from ratrations. Hay, I use Natures Own meadow and sweet green hay.
Boredom toys? Mmm, they like seagrass/banana leaf type balls and toilet roll tubes. But only sometimes. Because pigs are contrary little beasts.
My most wriggley and nippy pig has had to have a few bum baths. Gotta do what you gotta do!

for pellets I used a mix of Harringtons, and Burgess Mint - they preferred the Burgess but they'd eat both. I got both types from Amazon. For hay, I went with Nature's Own five a day hay and I bought that direct from Nature's Own.

As for toys, enclosures etc - I bought carrot cottages from Amazon, seagrass tunnels from Amazon (Comet liked to eat them, and Blitzen liked to pee and poop in them, lol), bendy log bridges (which could be bent to make tunnels), again from Amazon. I'd get empty toilet roll tubes and stuff them with hay, or a paper bag with the handles cut off, again stuffed with hay. Comet went nuts for the paper bags. I'd get the paper bags with a Tesco delivery, they usually sent the vegetables in them.

Hi, I use a mix of pellets consisting of science selective grain free and their normal pellets. I use nature's own for all my hay now as it's good stuff at a good price. Boredom wise, as suggested above, hay in paper bags or toilet roll tubes is always a winner with mine

I feed my boys science selective nuggets they used to like burgess nuggets but went off them. They also love :love: natures own 5 a day hay. I’ve never seen them eat so much hay as they do now. As for toys cardboard boxes turned into houses are their favourite.:)

Hi there.

My piggies enjoy Harringtons Guinea pig pellets which I buy from Wilkos or my local pet shop but other members will have other ideas.

Empty cardboard toilet roll tubes (with a slit cut down the middle to prevent piggy from getting his head stuck) filled with hay always goes down well with mine as do paper bags with the handles cut off filled with hay.

You could try giving your boy a gentle bum bath if you don't want to give him a full bath
Great tips - thank you! Toilet roll with a slit is genius 😊

Food wise, I feed Versle Laga Cavia Complete and buy it from ratrations. Hay, I use Natures Own meadow and sweet green hay.
Boredom toys? Mmm, they like seagrass/banana leaf type balls and toilet roll tubes. But only sometimes. Because pigs are contrary little beasts.
My most wriggley and nippy pig has had to have a few bum baths. Gotta do what you gotta do!
I'm off to YouTube a guinea pig bum bath! 😂

I feed my boys science selective nuggets they used to like burgess nuggets but went off them. They also love :love: natures own 5 a day hay. I’ve never seen them eat so much hay as they do now. As for toys cardboard boxes turned into houses are their favourite.:)
Oh I will look for that hay. They are eating everything, and are producing a massive amount of pellets! I'm cleaning their run daily and they are not full grown yet. But they are also starting to nuzzle me - so it is absolutely worth it 😊

for pellets I used a mix of Harringtons, and Burgess Mint - they preferred the Burgess but they'd eat both. I got both types from Amazon. For hay, I went with Nature's Own five a day hay and I bought that direct from Nature's Own.

As for toys, enclosures etc - I bought carrot cottages from Amazon, seagrass tunnels from Amazon (Comet liked to eat them, and Blitzen liked to pee and poop in them, lol), bendy log bridges (which could be bent to make tunnels), again from Amazon. I'd get empty toilet roll tubes and stuff them with hay, or a paper bag with the handles cut off, again stuffed with hay. Comet went nuts for the paper bags. I'd get the paper bags with a Tesco delivery, they usually sent the vegetables in them.
Perfect - I have some plain paper bags so I will experiment later tonight!

I use Science Selective nuggets, both the original and the new grain free one. For eating Hays online I use The Hay Experts. As well as Hays they sell other food stuffs, accessories, carrot cottages etc, and health related stuff including Critical Care/Recovery food, so you don't need to have different suppliers.

Supreme science selective grain free timothy hay pellets and both supreme science selective and burgess excel timothy hay for feeding (from Amazon). Pets at home hay is fine for bedding and peeing on but is ok to eat too if thats all you have left :)
Woven grass tubes and hay cubes and carrot cottages to play in- Rosewood is a good brand and sells lots of products on Amazon.
But my piggies are spoilt and there are many cheaper alternatives just as good if you are on a budget :)

I use Science Selective nuggets, both the original and the new grain free one. For eating Hays online I use The Hay Experts. As well as Hays they sell other food stuffs, accessories, carrot cottages etc, and health related stuff including Critical Care/Recovery food, so you don't need to have different suppliers.
I'm just looking at the Hay experts - love the hides and accessories!

Back