• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

LitteBallowner

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
The only times he has runny nose is only when he's in his cage and even then it doesn't happen often (what the cage contains: litter, his own pillow and hay), but when he goes out everything is fine again.

Should I change something in the cage? Or is it something worse?

The only times he has runny nose is only when he's in his cage and even then it doesn't happen often (what the cage contains: litter, his own pillow and hay), but when he goes out everything is fine again. Should I change something in the cage? Or is it something worse?

Hmmm, it doesn’t sound like anything in his cage would be causing those kind of symptoms as far as my experience goes.
Is his hay particularly dusty?
What kind of litter do you use?
Is he an indoor or outdoor piggy?

Now that I think about it one was a bit dusty at the end, but now as we changed to completely other hay maybe it will be okay. The litter is called TopCat wood litter. And it's an indoor guinea

Hmmm, it doesn’t sound like anything in his cage would be causing those kind of symptoms as far as my experience goes.
Is his hay particularly dusty?
What kind of litter do you use?
Is he an indoor or outdoor piggy?
Now that I think about it one was a bit dusty at the end, but now as we changed to completely other hay maybe it will be okay. The litter is called TopCat wood litter. And it's an indoor guinea

@LitteBallowner I have merged your two threads. We do ask that you keep to one thread for each topic so all the information is in one place and do as not to confuse anyone giving advice if they don't see the other thread which could contain more information or progression

Hmmm could possibly be the dusty hay then? I’d have said shavings but I see he’s on fleece.
Is it a watery discharge from his nose?

Hmmm could possibly be the dusty hay then? I’d have said shavings but I see he’s on fleece.
Is it a watery discharge from his nose?
Yes, but as soon as I let him out of the cage it just stops and everything seems okay. After watching him it isn't runny anymore, so I really hope it was just hay

Back