• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

preciousandsweetue

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi so I made this post because I can’t find much information on safari but I check my guiena pigs vaginal area often as one time my one guiena girl got hay stuck in there so I just want to be cautious now. So I just hold them rocking them back gently and check the area to make sure no infection, hay or inflammation is happening and well my sweetie (her name) started to squirm more than usual and I noticed a bump or sore? I am not sure what it is but please if anyone couE4FDAF59-ACA5-4A86-8C64-2239573EFEE9.pngld help or suggest on what I can do for her.

Attachments

PigglePuggle

Forum Donator 2020/21
Reaction score
Oh dear that does look rather inflamed and sore, please contact your vet! If you have any metacam or loxicom that your piggies have been prescribed previously you could give her a dose to keep her comfortable until you can see a vet, we would normally not recommend this without seeing a vet but as it is Easter Sunday during a pandemic lockdown I think there is no harm in a little pain relief if you have it, but please contact the vet ASAP and send them this photo and arrange for a hands on examination if possible as soon as you can x

Bill & Ted

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Oh dear that looks very inflamed and infected, you need to get Sweetie to a vet promptly. I’m tagging @piggiepuggle as she is online atm. Hope you can get her to a vets very soon x

Bill & Ted

Anniversary Herd
Reaction score
Oh dear that does look rather inflamed and sore, please contact your vet! If you have any metacam or loxicom that your piggies have been prescribed previously you could give her a dose to keep her comfortable until you can see a vet, we would normally not recommend this without seeing a vet but as it is Easter Sunday during a pandemic lockdown I think there is no harm in a little pain relief if you have it, but please contact the vet ASAP and send them this photo and arrange for a hands on examination if possible as soon as you can x
Aw have just tagged you piggiepuggle