• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Shy Piggie Becoming Dominant?

C.Courtney0310

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi guys I'm kind of confused since I got my piggies about a month ago and I'm pretty sure they were really young(I got them at a pet store) since they were about 310gs, but werent underweight, I checked their ribs to make sure. They're now about 430gs and I'm pretty sure they're in the teenager stage now. My one piggie, Pandora, used to be really shy and now that they're teens she keeps lowly purring and trying the mount the other. She also keeps rumble-strutting and chasing the other, but they do get along and Eevee has been eating and drinking as normal and they haven't fought. I purchased them together, so they've definitely known each other for a while. Is this normal with teenage guinea pigs? They seem ok, but this just started happening today out of the blue and I'm a little worried haha.

Ok I think shes definitely in heat, thank you guys sm! i saw her rumble strutting with her 🐱 pushed up and google says thats normal for guinea pigs in heat haha 😭

Back