• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Soft Linking Mats For Cage Flooring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taylormc4

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I've been wanting to change the flooring of my guinea pig cage for about a week or so. I've been looking on Pinterest and other sites on what to use. Earlier today I went into Lowes, and found soft linking play mats. I actually scrolled past a picture of a c&c cage that had the exact mats I had seen at Lowes. The link to the mats on the store's website is Shop Mat (Common: 4 x 4; Actual: 49.21-in x 49.21-in) at Lowes.com
If you click on the link, it does say that the mats are
  • Non-toxic and non-smell.
  • Soft and flexible
  • Waterproof and shock absorbent
  • Easy to clean, store, carry and assemble
I thought it would be really nice to put them on the bottom of my C&C Cage. I was also planning on putting a clear shower curtain or tablecloth on top of it, just so their claws and pee won't ruin the mats. Any suggestions or opinions on using the mats as the flooring for my cage?
P.S. Archie and Walter would very appreciate the help! :D

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm guessing you are in the USA. Just pop along into your profile and add your location as it can help when giving certain feedback.

I personally don't have C&C but yes I do recall someone else looking to use the same type of tiles, I can't see any problem with using those, of course you could use puppy training pads on top of the mats.

Hi, welcome to the forum. I'm guessing you are in the USA. Just pop along into your profile and add your location as it can help when giving certain feedback.

I personally don't have C&C but yes I do recall someone else looking to use the same type of tiles, I can't see any problem with using those, of course you could use puppy training pads on top of the mats.
I just added my location! I use puppy training pads below the bedding I use right now. I am just afraid that Archie (the main chewer of the two) will chew through the puppy pads and do his business on the mats or even try chewing on them.

No that makes perfect sense. I think like most things you use have to try it and see what works for you. A bit of trial and error.

No that makes perfect sense. I think like most things you use have to try it and see what works for you. A bit of trial and error.
Yeah, you are definitely right. A couple months ago, I had the wood shavings I use now, then I went to trying fleece, and now I am back to using shavings. I think I am going to trying vinyl tiles or the mats.I just can't decide which one to try first.

hehehe it's all part of the fun. I've been there, tried different bedding, fleece, wood shavings, megazorb etc, but I've stuck to auboise, not sure you get that in the States, but it's lined with lino and it works a treat and easy to clean down.

hehehe it's all part of the fun. I've been there, tried different bedding, fleece, wood shavings, megazorb etc, but I've stuck to auboise, not sure you get that in the States, but it's lined with lino and it works a treat and easy to clean down.

that sounds perfect, but yeah I'm also not sure if I would have access to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back