• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

SORE NOSE , HELP PLEASE

ztfgz

New Born Pup
Reaction score
awfully worried about poor gus’s nose! he has two stiff bits of hair on his nose and i can’t find any pictures that look similar to it on any of the forums. should i be worried? is a vet appointment necessary? please any help

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 16
awfully worried about poor gus’s nose! he has two stiff bits of hair on his nose and i can’t find any pictures that look similar to it on any of the forums. should i be worried? is a vet appointment necessary? please any help

Hi!

It is impossible to tell from your picture but it may be that your boy has simply stuck his nose where he shouldn't have, potentially some boar glue (semen fluid). In this case, you will have to wait until the hair/scab is coming off on its own as the common name for dried semen fluid is VERY descriptive.

Please see a vet if the area gets worse or there is a growing balding area with crusts on it (potential fungal).

Hi!

It is impossible to tell from your picture but it may be that your boy has simply stuck his nose where he shouldn't have, potentially some boar glue (semen fluid). In this case, you will have to wait until the hair/scab is coming off on its own as the common name for dried semen fluid is VERY descriptive.

Please see a vet if the area gets worse or there is a growing balding area with crusts on it (potential fungal).
absolute life saver, i’ll keep an eye on gus and hope for the best. thank you !

It could also be cheilitis which is a mouth infection.
In this case it might be worth popping your boy along to a vet to have it properly checked out.
Do the photos below look anything like your boys nose>
Guinea Lynx :: Cheilitis

Back