• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
  • Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Talked to a vet!

thedosboys

New Born Pup
Reaction score
Hi it's been a bit

I've talked to a vet and they said that Manny's foot is at the very beginning of pododermatitis.

For now I need to keep an eye on him, make sure he gets his vitamins and try to get him from sleeping in his litterbox.

I just rearranged their cage so he wouldn't be tempted to sit in the litter box.

I'm making sure his nails are clipped so he doesn't accidentally scratch himself and get an even bigger infection.

The vet said if it gets swollen or it's been broken open that's when we need to go in for treatment.

I've checked Diego's feet and he is perfectly fine. He's just a little bit on the chunky side.

The reason why I can't bet vet treatment yet is because I'm in a really tight spot. Our car broke down and it costed a lot.

So hopefully after few more shifts then normal I think I'll be able to get some sort of treatment.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

Hi it's been a bit

I've talked to a vet and they said that Manny's foot is at the very beginning of pododermatitis.

For now I need to keep an eye on him, make sure he gets his vitamins and try to get him from sleeping in his litterbox.

I just rearranged their cage so he wouldn't be tempted to sit in the litter box.

I'm making sure his nails are clipped so he doesn't accidentally scratch himself and get an even bigger infection.

The vet said if it gets swollen or it's been broken open that's when we need to go in for treatment.

I've checked Diego's feet and he is perfectly fine. He's just a little bit on the chunky side.

The reason why I can't bet vet treatment yet is because I'm in a really tight spot. Our car broke down and it costed a lot.

So hopefully after few more shifts then normal I think I'll be able to get some sort of treatment.

Sorry to keep you guys waiting!

Hi

Very sorry for the news.

You may find the very practical care tips in this guide link here helpful; they also apply in part to guinea pigs with bumblefoot. If needed, spot clean the litter box twice daily.
Looking After Guinea Pigs With Limited or No Mobility

Back