• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Tesco Now Have Pellets

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cavy Lover

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
So Tesco had a bag of guinea pig muesli which was just your standard bag of food. Exactly the same as in a pet shop. But I noticed that they now have a bag of pellets which I got and decided to try out. Has anyone else seen this and do you think that it will be a good meal for them. The ingrediants seem normal. It is also handy because it is much cheaper then Burgess.

haven't seen them but will have a look. I use asda pellets at the moment

We don't have an Asda here in Ireland. But I imagine the two brands are similar.

If l remember corectly , mine wer'nt fussy on the museli

Thanks for this... they only had the Muesli one last time I looked, so I'll look again next time I'm there.

Did your piggies like it?

Reactions: TAN
All my piggies love the asda pellets - will look out for the tesco ones

I was in Tesco earlier, they had both muesli and pellets for piggies and buns, the pellets were £2.60 for pig and rabbit. ;)

That's for a 2kg bag, I usually pay £42 for two 10kg bags of Burgess excel for the tribe, the same amount in Tesco is only going to cost me £26, so that's a substantial saving provided they will eat it. The buns will eat the pellets, that I do know as I recently took part in a trial for the pellets and the buns gobbled them down, in fact Rebel and Lola jumped into the food bowl too, :))

Can anyone tell me what the calcium content is in them - Bumble is supposed to have low calcium for his bladder problems but doesnt really like any of the current brands

Can anyone tell me what the calcium content is in them - Bumble is supposed to have low calcium for his bladder problems but doesnt really like any of the current brands
Sorry I'm not sure. I throw away the bag and put it in a cereal container but I can check the next time.

Reactions: TAN
Here are the ingredients and nutritional info.
Composition, Wheatfeed, Oatfeed, Sunflower Meal, Grass, Lucerne, Carob Bean Meal, Vegetable Oil, Minerals, Linseed (1%), Additives (Per Kg), Nutritional Additives: Vitamin A 15, 000 iu, Vitamin D3 1500 iu, Vitamin E 90 mg, Vitamin C 250 mg, Zinc Chelate of Amino Acid Hydrate 133 mg, Manganous Oxide 48 mg, Zinc Oxide 41 mg, Copper Sulphate Pentahydrate 25 mg, Calcium Iodate Anhydrous 2 mg, Antioxidant, Analytical Constituents, Protein 16%, Fat Content 4.5%, Crude Fibre 17%, Inorganic Matter 7.5%, Calcium 0.8%, Phosphorous 0.6%
@TAN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back