• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Transition From Inside To Out!

Lil3piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hello!
More questions I’m afraid haha.
So we currently have Arty in a hutch indoors (he is getting a friend very soon!) the hutch was intended for outdoors but I sweet talked my other half into letting it stay in the spare room but he keeps saying about it going outside in the better weather. I’m worried that he will be so used to being indoors now that going outside will be so strange for him.

Would he be okay if I put the hutch outdoors and made a c&c grid cage for indoors. And then have him outdoors in good weather in the day and bring him in over night/ or every now and then. Or would that be too confusing for him?

I don’t know what to do really, any suggestions welcome! I don’t want him to be confused or cold and I want him to be happy!

Thanks!

@Lil3piggies You're describing a situation very similar to piggies going out into a run for the day and then going back home into the shed or house. So, I think they'd be fine. Just be wary of wide temperature changes

Back