• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here
Status
Not open for further replies.

coco&chanel

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
My beautiful Peruvian girl, Chanel passed away last night. I found her this morning laid out on top of a snuggle sack with her eyes open. She was only 11 months old and this has come as a huge shock to me, I am completely devastated.

She was a perfectly healthy guinea pig. She did have a suspected uti a few months ago but I caught it really early and after a course of antibiotics, she was fine.

Both of my girls live inside in a 2x6 c&c and always have fresh water, hay, pellets and veggies. I haven't noticed her appetite change really. I fed them their veggies and they both seemed to tuck in.

Chanel was quite a 'lazy' pig. I always thought she was just a diva as she would pancake the majority of the day in one of her cosies. Although I saw her popcorning only a couple of days ago.

I found her sprawled out and her lips were blue. I'm not sure if this is a sign of the cause of death, or just what happens after death?

I am at an absolute loss as to how this has happened. She was so young and seemed so perfectly fine.

The picture below was taken yesterday. Chanel is on the right.

RIP my beautiful beautiful baby.

IMG_20161110_131815.jpg

I'm so sorry for your sudden devastaing loss.taken too soon,I'm do not have answers to what she may have died off.sometimes piggies can die suddenly of heart attacks or strokes,but i really do not know.
Hugs to you.:hug:
RIP Chanel.sweet dreams.x

I am really sorry for your loss, it sounds like it was sudden and therefore painless so please console yourself with that if you can. The way you found her is completely normal I am sorry it would have been an awful shock. It would be possible to tell the cause of her passing. I am really sorry for your loss, please feel free to leave a memorial to her in our Rainbow Bridge section of the forum

Sleep well little one
RIP Chanel
x x

My beautiful Peruvian girl, Chanel passed away last night. I found her this morning laid out on top of a snuggle sack with her eyes open. She was only 11 months old and this has come as a huge shock to me, I am completely devastated.

She was a perfectly healthy guinea pig. She did have a suspected uti a few months ago but I caught it really early and after a course of antibiotics, she was fine.

Both of my girls live inside in a 2x6 c&c and always have fresh water, hay, pellets and veggies. I haven't noticed her appetite change really. I fed them their veggies and they both seemed to tuck in.

Chanel was quite a 'lazy' pig. I always thought she was just a diva as she would pancake the majority of the day in one of her cosies. Although I saw her popcorning only a couple of days ago.

I found her sprawled out and her lips were blue. I'm not sure if this is a sign of the cause of death, or just what happens after death?

I am at an absolute loss as to how this has happened. She was so young and seemed so perfectly fine.

View attachment 54740

I am very sorry for your loss. It sounds like Chanel died from sudden acute heart failure; there is not a lot you can do. I have lost two young piggies of my own to this within 12 hours of noticing the first symptoms and despite rushing them to the vets. It has come as very bad shock each time. :(
It sounds like her "laziness" could have actually been caused by some heart issue; but they are not easy to spot and often not at all easy to diagnose, so don't beat yourself up about it!
Blue lips are a typical sign of major heart problems/ a failing heart when not enough oxygen is getting around the body.

Chanel was a beautiful piggy, and you have given her a lovely time on Earth.

Here is what you can do for Coco: Looking After A Bereaved Guinea Pig

So sorry for your loss. It's awful when it's sudden and unexpected, especially in one so young. Popcorn free beautiful girl xx

View attachment 54740

Oh no! :( I am SO sorry to hear this, so very sorry for your loss.
It is always awful to lose a pet, but especially awful when they are so young and it's out of the blue.
Please remember that guinea pigs are prey animals and so very good at hiding illness anyway, and though she was here a short time it was a wonderful time full of love.
R.I.P beautiful Chanel. And big hugs to you and Coco :hug:

Thank you for all of your kind comments. I never knew such a small furry thing could leave such a hole in my heart. She really was one of a kind and I will never truly get over her premature departure.

Gone but never ever forgotten.IMG_20160918_122323.jpg

Thank you for all of your kind comments. I never knew such a small furry thing could leave such a hole in my heart. She really was one of a kind and I will never truly get over her premature departure.

Gone but never ever forgotten.View attachment 54786

Coco was gorgeous - and she will always have a special place in your heart!

Sadly, some piggies come with a time bomb in their bodies; I have had that with my Ffion (died aged 1 year) and my Telyn (died just days after her second birthday and close to Ffion's 1st death anniversary); they died from the same that hit Coco. It really whacked me hard.

All you can do is feeling blessed for having had them in your life and treasure the joy they have brought you. We have all our beloved pets, family and friends just on loan from God; they don't come with an option to choose how long you have them in your life. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back