• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

Washing Fleece Bedding!

Lil3piggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi guys!
I’ve recently changed to fleece bedding for Arty! ( I wanted to anyway but after his op the vet suggested it whilst his wounds heal).

I’ve ordered myself a horse bag thing to use in the washing machine for hairs and hay, I’m just wondering if there is any perticular detergent you use to wash it with (uk) as at the minute I’m just using a liquid one from Aldi but it does have a slight frangrance to it.

Thanks!

Hi guys!
I’ve recently changed to fleece bedding for Arty! ( I wanted to anyway but after his op the vet suggested it whilst his wounds heal).

I’ve ordered myself a horse bag thing to use in the washing machine for hairs and hay, I’m just wondering if there is any perticular detergent you use to wash it with (uk) as at the minute I’m just using a liquid one from Aldi but it does have a slight frangrance to it.

Thanks!
Hi, I tend to use whatever non bio detergent is on offer.Ive used quite a few including fairy but I soon get sick of the smell and change again lol.

I use the cheapest non bio. I outside line dry mine and any smell goes by the time it's dry with the cheap ones.

Thanks guys! I’ll remember to get non-bio! Mines currently drying on the line but I’m
Mortified at the hairs left in the washing machine even after I’ve cleaned it.. it’s on a hot wash on its own as we speak to kill any germs haha! Thanks guys!

... there's a link to the washbag in our bedding guide

Back