• Discussions taking place within this forum are intended for the purpose of assisting you in discussing options with your vet. Any other use of advice given here is done so at your risk, is solely your responsibility and not that of this forum or its owner. Before posting it is your responsibility you abide by this Statement

Weird lump. Tumor?

jessicaspiggies

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
I noticed this weird thing in my guinea pigs fur this morning and thought it was just goop in his hair. At closer examination, the skin around it is raised almost like a lump and it seems it split open and now this hard white goop is coming out of it that has dried. Does anyone know what it is?

Attachments

Merab's Slave

Forum Buddy
Reaction score
Sounds as if you need to see a vet as soon as possible.
This is always a good idea whenever there is any concern.
I hope it will turn out to be nothing serious.
Please keep us posted.
Welcome to the forum

Wiebke

Staff member
Reaction score
I noticed this weird thing in my guinea pigs fur this morning and thought it was just goop in his hair. At closer examination, the skin around it is raised almost like a lump and it seems it split open and now this hard white goop is coming out of it that has dried. Does anyone know what it is?
Hi! It sounds like burst sebaceous cyst. While the cyst is in itself harmless, please see a vet to have the cyst cleared in order to prevent infection and to discuss whether it is better to remove the cyst as it is going to refill and potentially burst again.

Freela

Adult Guinea Pig
Reaction score
It could be a cyst or abscess that has burst... definitely worth seeing a vet to clean it out and discuss options to help it heal.