• PLEASE NOTE - the TEAS facebook page has been hacked, take extreme care when visiting the page, for further information visit here

What food can piggies eat every day?

AlvieOB

Junior Guinea Pig
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Does anyone know what food is best for feeding guineas every day as treats, as well as their veg bowl?
I’ve heated lettuce is only able to be fed 4 times a week.
Thanks, Alvie

This is the best thread to refer to . It has a list of daily veg and a picture of a good portion size .

Long Term Balanced General And Special Needs Guinea Pig Diets

My guineas get the daily veg listed on this thread - with an occasional treat of a I bit of carrot - or babycorn . ( I used to have a guinea who liked tomatoes - so she had a cherry tomato at weekends as a treat ) .

You could try these
Home-made treat recipes....

To be honest, the best treat you can give your guinea pig is hay .

There are some great ideas for treats in this thread ..

Guinea Pig Toys

Check out the forum thread for information about feeding. Sorry I can’t link it for you.

Mine get cucumber, celery and romaine lettuce most days. Herbs like dill are ok but parsley shouldn’t be fed too often.
It can be quite confusing but the information thread is useful

Coriander, courgette, cucumber, greens, bell pepper etc although I would always alternate and never feed anything every single day. Parsley, kale, spinach etc need to be rotated and never fed daily. Although I'm sure you know this already xx

My guinea pig gets romaine lettuce, red leaf lettuce, green leaf lettuce, red and green bell pepper, strawberry leaves, baby carrots (once a week), cucumber, blueberries, orange peel, and grapefruit. Of course I change it up every day so she has variety. I also give her spinach twice a week for vitamin C. I hope this helps.

My Finn and Lara get romaine lettuce and baby spring veggies everyday. Daily, they also get variety of herbs cilantro, parsley, basil, and etc. I give them small amount of baby carrot daily asl well.
About 3-4 times a week, I give them small amount of fruit due to its high sugar content.

I seem to always leave out kale from the list of veggies, but mine do get kale pretty often. However, because Finn and Lara prefer herbs, I feed them more herbs than kale.

My girls have romaine lettuce or red leaf lettuce most days, as well as cucumber. Kale/carrot occasionally. Bell peppers also go down really well - I usually give them four times a week :)

Back